Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
8 weeks pregnant and bleeding????
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I am about 8 weeks pregnant and I started slightly bleeding today. I don't have any severe cramping at all and the blood is a light pink/brownish color, but I am still freaking out. It is definitely more than spotting, but not like a normal period. I called the doctor and they said that it was ok for now but to call back if I have cramping or the blood turns to a dark red. Has anyone else ever had this before and the baby turned out ok? I have never miscarried before and no one else in my family has either so I'm sort of concerned. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Posted on 05/08/08, 10:08 am
8 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Infertility. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 05/08/08  10:11am
" I would get an u/s just to put your mind at ease. I had a m/c and I had pinkish spotting with no cramping but I also had pink/red bleeding with a different pregnancy---had an u/s and the baby was fine. Have you had an u/s yet (at all)? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 05/08/08  10:21am
" I had an ultrasound last week and everything seemed fine...we even saw the little heartbeat. That is another reason why this seems so strange to me. The doc said not to worry unless it got worse, but how can you help the worrying. I am scheduled for another u/s next Thursday. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 05/08/08  10:27am
" I am 31 weeks pregnant. I bled throughout my first trimester, like clockwork: bled for one week every other week between weeks 7-12. I was told not to worry unless you have dark red blood or bad cramps. Believe me, I freaked out when this first happened. Worst case scenario go see your doc for an internal exam or u/s for reassurance. . . "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 05/08/08  10:47am
" I had the same thing with my pg and everthing was fine. I had bleeding up until my 12th week so just take it easy and stay calm. Try to get as much rest as possible with in the next couple of weeks it will help. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 05/08/08  10:53am
" Oh I was also told to drink a lot of water and keep my feet up. I have no idea why the water though. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 05/08/08  12:06pm
" I had bleeding early from 5 weeks to about 12 weeks w/o any cramping and I am currently 27 weeks and doing fine. I have had a few other situations where I had a little pinkish when I went to the bathroom and my OB always told me to come and get checked. For peace of mind, I would call and get checked out. I did take about a month off and was on "couch" duty so I think it is worth putting your feet up if you can. Take care and try not to freak out (I know I did, so easier said than done). "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 05/08/08  12:11pm
" I had this at 6, 9 and 11 weeks, but it stopped and I am now 29 weeks. Each time I freaked out and called the doctor and they let me come in for an u/s. I know it's stressful, but my RE said that I would grow out of it, and I did. Sometimes my spotting was caused by sex or an internal exam and sometimes it just happened. Good luck! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 05/08/08  12:26pm
" that was me...i had the bleeding/brown spots for a week before the cramping came along. i lost the baby, but up until the cramping came the drs werent too worried. also have they tested your hcg levels? i dont recommend continuing to test them if they are low, but if they are low and arent rising normally there is another sign of a possible miscarriage. just put your feet up and read a good book. unfortunatly, you cant control this, but we are all here for you. i wish the best of luck for you and your family and new blessing. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web