Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Geritol Embarrassment
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I saw discussions on people using geritol to help them get pregnant and I went to get some actually this weekend and the pharmasist literally laughed me out of the Shopper's Drugmart I was in. I asked her if they had any and she asked me if I was kidding... pardon? I said no I am looking for something called Geritol that might improve my fertility. She literally laughed at me and looked at me like I was stupid and said they don't sell it and I could probably find it at a gag store... I left totally humiliated and embarrassed. She said it was for people over 50 years old and I was basically ignorant and dumb if I believed that it would get me pregnant. I was almost crying when I told her that I have been trying to have a second baby with my husband for over 3 years and I was willing to try anything that sounded even remotely possitive and that someone in her possition should be a little more helpful when someone comes to her to ask for advice. I asked her if she had anything she could recommend and she told me to see my dr. and there was nothing over the counter she could suggest that would help in any way. (she couldn't even suggest false unicorn or any of the other natural supplements that might help??)
Anyways... is this geritol a joke or should I try a different store. She made me feel so stupid I'm wondering if it could even possibly help anyone or if it is some sort of joke that someone started. Maybe people are just getting pregnant by coinsidence I dunno... ANYONE have imput?
Posted on 02/19/08, 12:31 pm
10 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Infertility. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 02/19/08  12:39pm
" How awful that you had to go through something like that...I am so sorry! I have heard all kinds of "home remedies" for infertility - eating pineapple, eating carrots, drinking pomegranate juice, green tea, etc., etc. I don't buy into any of them. All I take that is over the counter is a prenatal vitamin and a folic acid supplement - they won't help you get pregnant, but at least I'll have a healthy womb when my time finally comes! Again, sorry you had to go through that...but I haven't heard anything about Geritol increasing fertility. Good luck to you... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 02/19/08  12:49pm
" That is just awful that you were treated that way! I took Geritol from day 1 of my period until I ovulated and I am almost 6 weeks pregnant. I cannot say for sure that the Geritol helped but it certainly does not hurt. While I was taking it everyone in my house got sick---if someone around me is sick I always get sick---well I did not get even a little sick. So even if it doesn't actually help with conception it does help your immune system. Good luck I am so sorry that you were treated that way. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 02/19/08  1:27pm
" Geritol hasn't worked for me, but my sister, cousinS & others I know swears by it. I know literally about 6 or 7 women and 1 man that would be willing to have a discussion with your pharmacist, with their babies pictures! One lady (her IF was unexplained) and after 10 years, she became pregnant after 2 months on the liquid. I read something about vitamins and they do wonders for your actual eggs (if you ovulate) and semen, my brother-in-law & my sister were taking it when they got pregnant. Shame on that lady! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 02/19/08  1:36pm
" I am so sorry that happened. I don't know anything about the geritol. Like Jenn I just take a pre-natal vitamin. My head starts spinnning with all the home remedies. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 02/19/08  1:37pm
" She is horrible that old wench... I would complain to her boss. Geritol complete is what I think it is. It is a multi vitamin. If I were you I would go get it. Give it a try hon. Just don't shop at that other phamacy. good luck and baby dust to you. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 02/19/08  6:27pm
" I know they sell it a CVS, it is with the Vitamins.Most pharmacist know the exact clinical use of drugs but most of them don't know the alternative uses, but that was a very unprofessional response and I would definatly send in a complaint. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 08/22/09  11:10pm
" Very sorry that had to happen! But the women on geritol support groups has been very blessed. Wal-mart has the tonic and pills. medhelp.org can help with more anwsers.They have alot of success stories. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 01/09/10  7:43pm
" I'm sorry that the drug store you went to acted that way b/c geritol really works its not a medical remedy its a home remedy. My mother became pregnant after drinking the geritol tonic for 2 months with my brother. I started taking the geritol complete pills Dec.31,2009. I hope for the best b/c we have been trying for a little over a year. Will keep you posted. Good Luck to all that is trying to conceive by taking geritol. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 01/09/10  10:40pm
" You know what I would do, I would go buy you some somewhere and then I would take it in to her and show her and then when she feels dumb I would ask to speak to her boss! Sorry you had to deal with this very unprofessional person. I hope it works for you! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 01/10/10  3:56pm
" how unprofessional of her. It does exist. It is a multivitamin that improves your overall health and that would make you more receptive to a pregnancy. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web