Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Include Infertility as a coverable healthcare
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I wanted to share this with everyone. A woman I know in my inperson support group started this petition and I thought many of you may like to sign it. We all endure the costs of infertility.

below is the email she sent me about her petition:

Dear friends,

I wanted to let you know about a new petition I created on We the People, a new feature on WhiteHouse.gov, and ask for your support. Will you add your name to mine? If this petition gets 100,000 signatures by February 21, 2013, the White House will review it and respond!

We the People allows anyone to create and sign petitions asking the Obama Administration to take action on a range of issues. If a petition gets

enough support, the Obama Administration will issue an official response.

You can view and sign the petition here:

http://wh.gov/ykje

Here's some more information about this petition:

We Petition the Obama Administration To...include infertility as a coverable healthcare treatment for all.

Many seeking to become parents through fertility treatments are required to pay out of pocket because their insurance does not cover any part of

infertility. It's unfortunate to see that loving couples cannot fulfill their dream of becoming parents because of the cost of these treatments. If

insurance would cover some portion, it would go a long way in helping couples achieve their dreams.

Infertility affects many women and men, to no fault of their own. It can sometimes be explained, but often couples do not know why something that

comes so natural to others cannot happen for them. There are options that can assist some couples in becoming parents: Intrauterine insemination

(IUI), In Vitro Fertilization (IVF), surrogates, egg and sperm donors, and adoption, but most couples are burdened by the costs

associated with such treatments. Infertility is not a choice; it’s a healthcare issue and should be treated as such.
Posted on 01/24/13, 03:24 pm
32 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Infertility. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #31 - 02/04/13  6:28pm
" I keep "sharing" this link on facebook every week hoping to get more signatures! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #32 - 02/05/13  11:42pm
" we are up to 789. Ladies if you have not signed please sign. Thnak you for all your help!! "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 3 4 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web