Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
Sad about infertility
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Hello I am new to the group. I am writing to gain support from others who are going through the same situation. Im 33 years old and been married for 5 years. Ive been unable to conceive on my own. My doctor said that my FHS levels are high and I have a 2% chance of getting pregnant on my own. I have not done IUI's as of yet because of financial reasons. Im worried of going into debt paying for fertility treatments. I have done accupuncture which I did find helpful, but that can get costly. I did these treatments and I was three weeks late. I thought I was pregnant for sure because my period is never late. Well I was not pregnant. After this I became very discouraged. I stopped my accupucture treatments. It was hard for me to go through the let down of not being preganant.( I know I probably should have continued with the accupunture) I really dont talk to many people about this. Many people dont know about my infertility. My husband does not pressure me about having children. But at the same time he is not supportive of me when I am feeling bad about this. So I dont talk to him about this at all. Usually I feel ok but lately I started feeling bad because alot of my family and friends are getting pregnant and having babies and Im not. Im so heartbroken right now. Any suggestions as to what I should do?
Posted on 08/04/11, 12:35 am
8 Replies Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for Infertility. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 08/04/11  1:11am
" Well... for me I'm just waiting for a break through. I'm seeing a new Dr. Prayer keeps me calm, and gives me comfort. Hand in there. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 08/04/11  1:16am
" Thanks..I stay prayerful too...Just been really sad lately. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 08/04/11  1:21am
" hi mikalyn,I am sorry to hear you story i to have been ttc for 2 years and it can be hard to see people around you get pregnant i am 34 and people always ask me when when when??i have seen a product called ferlility blend which has vitex in it,is all natural and ladies who have been trying for 10,8 6,years take this and get pregnant! the first month.I think it is cheap to buy.I am not able to take it as i had a reaction to it.Or start a piggy bank when you have spare money at the end of the week put it in the jar.by that time you will be pregnant and you can spent the money in the piggy bank on you.ha!GOOD LUCK!!!!!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 08/04/11  2:45am
" Thank u so much... I'm gonna try that!!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 08/04/11  4:58pm
" Hi mikalyn,
I am glad that you found your way here and can get support from those of us who do understand what you are going through. You are not alone.

When IF started for me my FSH was 50, yep a whopping 50. A year later it was down to 6.2 and after finally making my way to a fantastic holistic doctor my cycles are completely regular again and everything is "normal" for the first time in years. I second the comment on Chasteberry / Vitex, however you need to make sure that you buy a good brand (I think Gaia is the best). I have tried to capture everything that worked for me here: http://infertilityawakening.com/hea... if you are interested. For me it hasn't been one thing, it's been many many things. There are supplements you can consider, tests you may want to have run (e.g., Vitamin D), etc. so I just encourage you to look into the multiple avenues available to you outside of IVF and IUI if those are not an option for you right now. As a side note, if your husband hasn't been tested, you might want to go that route as well.

All the best to you! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 08/05/11  10:45am
" Hello Ladies i feel the same way its HARD and seems like everyone is getting preg i pray every night i have PCOS and docs did lab test and said everything is normal im so confused i started my 3 round of clomid and still no luck when i take preg test and its neg i just want to die. I need some support hopefully i fount it here : ) its so much easier to talk to people who are going through the same thing i wish us all luck ladies ! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 08/05/11  12:19pm
" Hi mikalyn... We all know the traisl of IF. Its the hardest thing i have ever go through. Iam 23 n been trying for almost 2 yrs. I have days i swear ever one i know is pregnant. I do know of my friends me n hubby are last to get pregnant. An IF is very costly as far as saving me n hubby have $25 transfered every friday from our checking to our savings n we have been able to save a few hundead dollars. i wish u n hubby the best of luck.,.... n lots of baby dust "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 08/05/11  1:50pm
" I understand the loneliness and sadness. I definitely think it is good to find people to talk to who can understand. I have found comfort in meeting people online. I would definitely re-consider what you hope to get out of accupuncture. I am sure you know this, but there is no proof that it actually is helpful in getting pregnant directly. It can help you relax, which in turn can be useful, but just accupuncture itself is not a magic cure to getting pregnant. So, I would not feel too bad about not continuing. Have you looked into getting loans for the IUI's? Do you know your follicle count? Do understand the statistics...because stats can be very deceiving. I know it is hard to talk to you DH with all of this, and depending on his feelings about kids, he may have his own things he is going through. The biggest thing I would say is to seek out more information and more friends who can understand. I find that when I am armed with information, I feel much stronger and can move forward, even if it is hard. Have you talked to an RE? (I assume that is who gave you the prognosis of 2% chance?) Did the doc say what your chances are if you use IUI or IVF? Anyhow, I am around on this cite if you want to talk, I too am learning and going through my own process with all of this. Hope you feel better. "

Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web