Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
How common is mother son incest?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I am having some memories of what might be considered covert incest with my mother. But maybe I am crazy? How common is it?
Posted on 05/05/12, 08:52 pm
11 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for Incest Survivors. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 05/05/12  11:48pm
" I have heard that it happens and I know of people who have come forward and talked about it. Don't know if it's more common than incest involving other family members, but yes, it happens. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 05/06/12  12:07pm
" If you're having memories of it, then it probably happened. Even if it's less common than other types of incest, it still happens and is just as detrimental and traumatic. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 05/06/12  3:55pm
" my own mother abused my brothers so yes it's very common but maybe because of the shame male victims feel around it it's not talked about as much as other types of incest...hope this helps

manda xxx "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 05/06/12  9:32pm
" I have no memory of any sexual abuse by my mother, but sometimes she was in the room when it happened. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 05/08/12  5:56am
" It is very common and still big taboo .
My mother abused my two brothers.
My husband was abused by his step mother.

Mothers abusing their daughters is also big taboo.

But things are changing.Survivors start talking and writing.
You are not crazy.You are on the path to recovery.You are a beautiful person. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 05/08/12  9:48am
" In Japan is "culture" still in some places is acceptable..IMAO..
sick.
I'm sure is more common than spoken about here too. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 05/08/12  3:03pm
" My mother called me her fucking mistake. My aunt is the one who I had the icestous relationship with. So in a way I understand that no matter what it's very painful. Don't worry about how common it is but, focus on how to heal and recover from it. Stay strong brother "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 06/08/13  6:16am
" Far more common than people would ever think. Many of us never go to therapy. It caused me to develop extreme sexual addictions. I hope you find the answers you seek and the help needed to deal with those answers. You are not alone. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 06/08/13  4:32pm
" It is much more common that is talked about or reported. The sexual abuse by my mother was both covert and more overt.. but mostly covert. I was deeply sexualized as a boy and in fact have no memories of not feeling sexual feeling...for a long time I didn't understand and didn't have a name for the feelings that would come over me but I began to like it when it happened...my father was a rageful and violent man.
My mother was sensitive and he upset her often. I was her sensitive son whom she turned to for comfort. I got cast in the role of her comforter and her confidant very early in life. I can't remember now how or why and didn't understand them but now know that often my mother would end up in an aroused state during these times together....I'd "feel" these "vibes" coming from her and then feel them within myself. It wasn't every time but often enough and I was confused by it for a long time but I'd react to it and enjoyed these strange feelings ... later once I had entered puberty she became increasingly exhibitionist (esp with her breasts) these displays really impacted me and caused me to feel much shame...these sexual behaviors continued through my late teens...although I was sexually abused by several others in childhood (both genders) in very overt ways. There's no question my mothers mostly covert abuse and emotional incest are what by far caused the most damage to me, my life and sexuality and was a primary source of the high level of shame I carried for so much of my life (shame I no longer carry thank God) I now understand she groomed and used me throughout my childhood and it never really ended...just about a year before she died she was still telling me inappropriate things like in my late 30's she told me how "firm and youthful" her breasts looked.... due to the meds she was taking for her emphysema wtf?

No you are not crazy and I believe is much more common than people generally believed. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 06/08/13  11:19pm
" my mother abused both my brother and i. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web