Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
children with IGA deficiency
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Does anyone have a child with IGA defeciency?? I don't know anyone with this other than my daughter...
Posted on 10/20/07, 02:26 pm
40 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for IgA Deficiency. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 10/21/07  2:31pm
" What are her symptoms ?
Does she have Intestinal issues, can not put on weight,
chronic chest colds, lung infections, lactose issues ?
How did they discover the Iga problem ? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 11/20/07  6:58pm
" Hi there, my daughter was diagnoised with Selective IGA Deficency a little over a year ago. She is 3 years old and has had a very difficult two years. We have a lot of lung issues with asthma and broncitis. Sick all the time! I would definately like to talk with you to see what issues you have been struggeling with. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 12/30/07  11:21pm
" My son has IGA deficiency-- he was diagnosed about a year ago (he is 3 years old). He has intestinal issues and is sick a lot. I don't know anyone else with this either. It would be great to talk with you. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 01/02/08  8:27pm
" ColoC, I seen your email and would like to talk with you. My email address is
joelee@insightbb.com, if you would like to talk please email me. Nancy "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 01/02/08  8:27pm
" Sorry it is joelee2@insightbb.com "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 01/09/08  11:21am
" I have a son with IgA deficiency. He is seven years old and we have been battling things for quite some time now. I am looking for someone to talk to who is maybe dealing with the same things. Would love to hear from someone. Thanks,
Shavon "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 02/05/08  5:06pm
" I was diagnosed with IgA nephropathy--where my kidneys do not filter half the time--when I was 4 years old. Mine is a genetic case, I inherited from my father. I have been in remission since I was 12, but now at 20 years old I still suffer from minor health problems. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 02/22/08  7:56am
" Hi
My son was diagnosed with selective IgA yesterday. He is absent of IgA. He also has autism. Anyone else with a young child?? He will be 3 March 3rd. Any tips? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 03/26/08  12:53pm
" Hi my daughter was diagnosed with Iga deficiency when she was 15 months old and is 2 1/2 yr old now. I put her in daycare when she was 6 months old and thats when it all started. She was sick all the time. Always had an ear or sinus infection. She had tubes in her ears at 9 mos and her adenoids removed when he was 15 mos. Once she was diagnosed she was put on a low dose 250 mg amoxicillan at bedtime everyday for about 14 months. She has been off of it since Sept. 07 and has been sick requiring antibiotic 5 times in that time frame. Our immunologist says there is no cure but she could grow out of it. For now, we do not keep her in a bubble. We take here everywhere we go but we wipe buggies down with antibacterial wipes and I keep Bath & Body Work antibacterial foam in my purse and use it a lot on her hands. She also has several environmental allergies. Best of Luck to all of you with children with this. Danielle "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 06/10/08  1:15pm
" This may be a little comforting..my son is 12 and was only diagnosed a couple of months ago. He had his first ear infection at 6 weeks of age. He had severe asthma that required him to miss over a month of school in kindergarten. He has now completed outgrown the asthma and infections. We are left right now with the food allergies and stomach problems, but it is better! At one point, he was on 5 daily meds (not for illness, just maintenance)and now he is only one. My immunologist did recommend Colostrum or Bovine IgA, which can help alleviate symptoms. Unfortunately, he cannot take it now because he is allergic to milk (changes every 6 months). Other than the stomach issues, he is happy and active, so there can be improvement. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 3 4 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web