Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
32 year old having hysterectomy?!
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Hi
I am a 32 year old having a hysterectomy.... SOON! I will be finding out the date of surgey tomorrow...

I have a few problem though....
1. I have PTSD
2. Panic/anxiety disorder.. On meds
3. severe endometriosis
4. Depression. Not on Meds
5. extremelly emotional.
6. Recovering drug addict/alcoholic....

So with that said I would love to hear some feedback from some younger women in there thirties that have had a full hysterectomy... AND WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT? :( IM SO SCARED...,
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!

respectfully,
Cheryl
Posted on 10/15/08, 03:25 pm
4 Replies Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for Hysterectomy. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 10/16/08  1:36pm
" I am 33. I had my surgery 6 months ago, and my life is so much healthier now. I can concentrate on other things, rather than dealing with pain (never knew when the pain would be. I would have it one day and the next be fine) I can workout pain free now and enjoy my kids a whole lot more.

There are lots of things you can do to prepare. Feel free to message me and I can get a list together for you.

Also, look into www.hystersisters.com Great site! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 10/16/08  7:58pm
" Hi there,please don't stress out about your surgery.

I had mine 2 years ago aged 37, although I wish I'd had it sooner. My periods were hell for me from the age of 12 and as I got older they got worse, for one week out of a month I was normal the rest of the time I was just a bitch and didn't care. I finally went to my Gynaecologist and as everything was in my favour (no more children and I was extremely anaemic) he agreed to do a total abdominal hysterectomy. I read up every piece of literature I could find on the operation and in the end my head was spinning so I just put everything away and concentrated on what was ahead. People told me what to expect but I just fobbed them off and got that it won't happen to me, well I was wrong, big time. For me, the hardest thing was relying on others to do things for me as I am very independant, accept all the help you can cause just walking from the bed to the toilet or having a shower will be exhausting. I am more than happy to takl to you more if you want. Oh, I also suffer from depression & PTSD, so you are not alone.

Everything will be ok. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 10/20/08  1:06pm
" I AM SO GRATEFUL FOR ALL OF YOU! AND I HAVE 24 HOURS OF RECOVERY BACK! I RELAPSED FRIDAY NITE... ALCOHOL AND COCAINE...
THOUGHT IT WOULD LESSEN MY PAIN, MY MOTHER CALLED MY DOCTOR THATS DOING THE SURGERY AND TOLD HIM! AND I AM NOW AFRAID HE WONT GIVE ME THE PROPER MEDS... BECAUSE HE NOW KNOWS I M AN ADDICT! WHAT SHOULD I DO????
OXOXOXOXOXOXOXXO.
THAT WAS MY PLACE TO TELL HIM... NOONE ELSES ;(.......
ANY ADVICE?!!!!!!!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 10/21/08  10:11am
" That wasn't right for your mom to do that. Techinically, he shouldn't have been discussing you with anyone. He broke confidentiality if he discussed anything with her. "

Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web