Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Tingling/Numb Fingers
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Just wondered if anyone has experienced this. I have Hypothyroidism and am on Thyroxine. The past few months I have been experiencing numbness in my finger and hands, especially when I wake in the morning.
I am sure I had this once, before I was diagnosed.
Would appreciate your comments ~ Thanks xx
Posted on 06/18/08, 08:00 am
13 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Hypothyroidism. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 06/18/08  1:06pm
" Me too!! Whats up with that??? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 06/18/08  2:41pm
" The reason I asked is because I think my thyroid is not level as the tingling in my hands stopped after I started medication of hypothyroidism.
I am feeling so lethargic and want to sleep all day. My doc has checked my levels and I am waiting for results of blood test coming back to see if this is the case. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 06/26/08  3:59pm
" I'm waiting for labs as well. Go back to DR on Monday. Let you know what I find out. Peace and Love to you. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 07/02/08  1:42pm
" I am hypothyroid, but not being treated yet. (I am waiting to see the endocrinologist next week. My TSH is 24.6 or so...)

My hands go numb and tingly ALL THE TIME. This just started in the last year along with a few of the other Hypo symptoms. Did you get your meds adjusted? Did it help? As an avid knitter, I'm really starting to get annoyed by this problem. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 07/02/08  3:05pm
" I have been having that too! It will just come at random times, like my hand and wrist just fall asleep. Really weird. I'm taking Armour Thyroid for my hypothyroidism. My tingling started a couple of months ago (after I began Armour thyroid). I am getting bloodwork done within the next month to check my levels again. Diabetes runs in my family, so I was really afraid that I was getting diabetes.

Anyway, we should get our levels checked! Both thyroid and blood sugar! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 07/05/08  6:24am
" I have that now! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 09/09/08  12:28pm
" I have had the tingling in my hands and fingers for years-is it the first 3 fingers thumb,index,middle,and hands? I have thought I have carpel tunnel...now I'm not sure. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 09/09/08  12:45pm
" Thanks thyroid43

I also have it on three fingers but it is the outer three fingers of both hands, and just like you was wondering if it was Carpel Tunnel Syndrome, but did not want to take it any further incase it was that :(
Dont need anymore conditons :)

Thanks for your answer everyone ~ Angel x "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 09/11/08  5:11am
" I am hypo and take Armour but am not fully replaced yet. I had numbness in my hands and feet and found that I had low B12 after advice from another forum to get it checked.

My B12 was within doc's range but it needs to be much higher. I take a sublingual B12 supplement that I buy online. Numbness and pins and needles have gone.

If hypo symptoms have returned then you need an increase of your meds. Many people don't feel better on thyroxine only and find that adding a little T3 makes a huge improvement. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 09/14/08  10:46am
" When my alarm goes in the morning - i have extreme difficulty turning it off as my hands are numb. I have noticed recently that the tingling and numbness are not just limited to waking up - it occurs other times now too. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web