Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Melatonin
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I just read the bottle and it says to talk to a doctor before use if you have a thyroid issue or autoimmune disorder, which I do.
So what's the deal with Melatonin? It's the only thing that helps me sleep without making me feel weird in the morning.
I read on Wikipedia that it could increase thyroid function (for me, that's bad) but I was having trouble finding out any more about it.
Anyone else have any info?
Posted on 02/02/08, 07:32 pm
4 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Hypothyroidism. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 02/02/08  8:35pm
" I don't have any useful info for you, but am concerned myself now because I use melatonin and have for a good while, and do have thyroid issues. I hope someone has an answer.

Beckeroo "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 02/02/08  10:05pm
" I found this article on web md. http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorder... see if it helps you. The only thing I can think of, is throid meds keep you awake and melatonin, helps you sleep. But I am not sure. I will keep looking. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 02/02/08  10:12pm
" I am hypo, not hyper, but my Dr has me on Melatonin, and he is quite aware of all my health issues. I have researched it myself, and what I have found would indicate that it is safe to use. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 02/04/08  8:04pm
" Just wanted to let all of you know that my endo said it's fine..Thanks!
Also another thing that works well is valerian root! "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web