Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Goiter, should I be worried?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I found out last year that I have a small goiter on the backside of my thyroid(I was having swallowing issues). Lately I have been losing my voice very often, almost once or twice a week. I had neck surgery a few years back and my muscles atrophied so I thought that might be the reason, but remembering the diagnosis of the goiter makes me think I should look into it. I don't have insurance so I don't like to go to the doc unless I really need to (I'm a student and only work part time!) Also I have been very tired the past few weeks, like I have to take nap breaks in the middle of school projects so I can focus. Any ideas are welcome!
Posted on 04/05/11, 09:41 am
1 Reply Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Hypothyroidism. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 04/05/11  4:22pm
" I am so sorry you are feeling like this, it is frustrating. Can you go to a free clinic in your area and get your thyroid tested? I have multiple nodules on my thyroid and have Hashimotos disease with it. That is an autoimmune thyroid disease. The nodules were pressing on my windpipe and making it hard to swallow, breathe and I coughed 24/7. I started on the natural thyroid meds and they shrunk but many things can make them grow again. I am going to get an ultrasound done soon again. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web