Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
heaviness in body
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
i always have this heavy feeling in my body, like i cant just zip up and start the day...the thyroxine i am taking has helped, with the depression but not this heavy feeling...what do i do about this?
Posted on 12/30/10, 04:54 am
11 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Hypothyroidism. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 12/31/10  5:28pm
" I cannot help you with this, but I totally relate! Does it feel like you have something heavy pushing down on you constantly? That is how it is for me. Or like my body is made of lead. I'll be interested to follow this post! I hope you can get some answers (and me too!)

-Bdancer "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 01/02/11  2:51pm
" I feel it too. It starts at the top of my head. Feels like it's pulling me down. Even when I'm laying down i feel it. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 01/02/11  7:16pm
" have you or your doctor checked for anemia? Perhaps Iron or B-12 deficiency? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 01/02/11  7:17pm
" When I was made too hypO from too much antithyroid drug at one time a few years ago, I began feeling very heavy and weighed down. My walking began getting slower and slower. It was hard for me to put one foot in front of another. Before I knew it, the Rheumatoid Arthritis I had, flared up out of control and I found myself using a scooter to get about because of being in so much and so much heaviness and puffiness.

I never did recover from what happened.

{{{hugs}}} "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 01/02/11  11:02pm
" Did your dr check for Vit D deficiency? That is what was dragging me down really bad. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 01/03/11  9:04am
" I feel the same sensations. It's like gravity is stronger just for me. Or yeah, my body is made of lead.

It makes it so hard to do all the things I want to do. It's always more of a physical effort than I imagined in my head.

It makes me sad because 10-15 years ago I was extremely active, into martial arts, working out at the gym, etc. Now I feel like a big fat lump of blech.

So yeah, I know exactly what you're talking about. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 01/03/11  3:24pm
" I was told I was low in Vit. D too. It was another thing they blamed my symptoms on. I started taking my synthroid at night, and that seems to help some. For me the heaviness was worse in the morning making getting up hard. I don't notice if I'm heavy at night - it would probably only help me sleep. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 01/03/11  4:10pm
" I bet for me back a few years ago it was low Vitamin D as well as some of other minerals I was low in and thyroid levels way hypO. That's interesting as Barbell says, never thought that low Vitamin D as heaviness. But glad I know now and will keep an eye on this for me.

{{{hugs}}} :-) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 01/03/11  4:31pm
" Yes!! A leaden body--I can relate. And my vitamins D and B-12 are in top form.

Rose "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 01/05/11  3:20am
" Interesting...when i described my heavy feeling to the doc, they didn't seem to understand what I was talking about. It is like wearing an invisible lead suit all day and night long. Everything take twice as much effort. I will have my vit D and B levels checked and hope that helps. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web