How to use DailyStrength
We're on Facebook
Check out our page
Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
My skin feels like it's going to split open.
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
My legs have been feeling awful lately. Like I'm retaining water. I am super tired too. My legs hurt so bad at night, I can't bend my knees. It feels like my skin is going to split open when I put weight on my legs - like squat or sit on my feet. It's terrible. I am trying to drink more, I know I've slacked off on that. Has anyone else had this issue? I'm on levo - 100mcg/day. I just had labs done, I know my levels are good and my vit D deficiency is under control, but something isn't lining up. I've not ever had this as a side affect of the drug or illness, and it's starting to worry me, just a little.
Posted on 08/04/10, 05:34 pm
3 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Hypothyroidism. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 08/04/10  5:48pm
" Not exactly but similar. My legs and feet swell terribly and it is almost as if I can feel the swelling creeping up my leg when I stand, and the skin feels tighter. I have never gotten my swelling under control. I take lisinopril as a preventative since I am diabetic, and if I forget it the swelling is much worse. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 08/05/10  9:15am
" Could it be that your kidneys are not pumping out the water? I know nothing really about that but have read some. That must feel terrible. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 08/05/10  12:56pm
" You know, I wonder. I'll start to monitor how often I pee during the day. Today, for whatever reason, I feel better. I don't know why. I didn't drink too much more yesterday, but i did drink more in the afteroon. I also didn't walk 3+ miles either, and ate red meat 2 x yesterday (which I don't eat at all). I went to bed real late and got up 30 min. earlier - I don't get it. I'm going to go back to writing my diet in my journal here again for a week - see if I can figure it out. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web