Hypothyroidism and Stomach Swelling
I have been having alot of Fullness and Pressure/ Bloating in my stomach, especially the top of my Stomach right below where my Boobies hang...Excuse my Language for you young folk who may read this...lol lol

I am going to have an ultrasound done on wednesday and I will see what is going on, I was just curious if anyone else has this and if so lets chat.
Posted on 10/15/07, 10:03 pm
Reminder: This is a support group for Hypothyroidism. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

Reply #1 - 03/27/08  6:07pm
" My thyroid caused some bad stomach problems and bloating, so it's possible, but have it checked out no matter what. "
Reply #2 - 08/01/08  5:21pm
" i have the same thing recently very sore and tender why is this ?i wonder is it a side affect of these meds be back later to check "
Reply #3 - 10/10/08  3:34am
" I have just been diagnosed and yes, I have had weight gain, only in that area. I wish I could help you, but please post back if you find anything with your ultrasound. Best of luck. "
Reply #4 - 10/10/08  1:43pm
" I was having the same problem and my doctor said once you have one auto immune disease you are prone to getting others. Celiac disease is an auto immune disease and is actually quite common. So my doctor started me on a gluten free diet. Starting on a gluten free diet is very frustrating but I noticed an improvement in my stomach discomfort in about 24 hours and have been feeling better and better as time goes by. Celiac disease doesn't show up on a CT scan. They test for it in other ways. So I would recomend that you look up celiac disease on the Internet and also discuss it with your doctor.
Best of Luck! "
Reply #5 - 10/10/08  1:55pm
" I was having the same problem. My doctor said once you have one auto immune disease you are prone to getting other auto immune diseases. Celiac disease is an auto immune disease and is actually quite common. My doctor diagnosed me with celiac disease and started me on a gluten free diet. I noticed an improvement in my stomach in about 24 hours. I recomend anyone with this problem googling celiac disease for more information and to talk to your doctor.
Best of Luck! "
Reply #6 - 10/11/08  2:56am
" yes yes yes. I am so bloated under my boobs and in the stomach I feel and look pregnant. I just put it down to the thyroid.
Let me know what happens.
Good luck
Fiona "
Reply #7 - 10/11/08  12:36pm
" Yes..another lady who suffers from bloating and swelling too. Over the years I have tried various things..gluten free diet...carbohydrate free diet..wine free..but I still have the problem..sometimes worse than at other times. I dont worry about it much now other than to disguise it as much as possible whren its at its worst. But get it checked out. If you get any tips or answers please let us know...thanks. "
Reply #8 - 10/15/08  3:24pm
" Oh my gosh...I thought I was the only one who had this happen! Me too!!!! It's worse at different times, and especially now that my levels are messed up again. Does anyone know what causes this? "
Reply #9 - 11/18/08  4:32pm
" I hav had horrible weight gain in my stomach, bloating, GERD and stomach problems for a few years. Just last night, I was diagnosed with Hypo. My PMS has also been horrible, mood and such.... bloating, definitely. My guess is that it has to do with inflammation due to Hypo, and the GI nerves, cause nerves are so closely related to hormonal imbalance. And my advice would be to get a tummy ultrasound, and start on supplements like fennel for digestion, and kelp and a B complex.... cause these things are good for Hypo people, so I hear.

Good luck!! "
Reply #10 - 11/18/08  8:19pm
" I was diagnosed as severely hypothyroid. Synthroid has helped, but I still have a very big abdomen. Had a big belly even as a young child. Also have extreme shoulder pain WHICH I JUST READ HERE ON THIS SITE COULD BE THYROID RELATED. "