Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Diagnosed with Low T
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Hi,

This month I was diagnosed with low testosterone.
I have started using a patch.
Right now I'm angry/frustrated/confused...etc.
Anyone else have a similar experience and how they have overcome it?
Posted on 12/27/09, 02:41 pm
15 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Hypogonadism. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 12/28/09  11:11pm
" Try to follow up with blood work, indicating if the patch is working. Maybe you should consider the gel if the patch falls off.

The best you can do is get your numbers higher. Find out if you are secondary or primary.

Secondary is a defect with the brain receiving the signal from your testes. Which is actually good, indicating your testes can produce healthy levels of sperm.

Primary is the opposite, indicting your brain is fine, but your testes are damaged and cannot produce healthy levels of sperm.

There are two other primary hormones: LH, FSH, that indicate whether you can conceive normally. Typically they are affected by primary hypogandism because sperm is created through your testes and not brain.

yahoo groups has a very good low hypogandism group you could also check for more advice. Just do a yahoo group search.

Hope this helps... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 01/29/10  9:31pm
" I was very pissed off too, but now I am just glad I know what it is, I got mine by a treatment they had me on and it really messed up my testosterone levels, I was at 164 the last time they checked. Am on androgel now, I can tell a big difference cause I ran out before I can get it last week and the whole week I was very weak and cranky and in pain all over. I am still learning about all this and not sure if the treatment will help my body give off it's own after awhile or not. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 07/19/10  4:24pm
" I was diagnosed with this in December too.
I started injections in April and have started feeling a little better but not 100%. I am angry/frustrated/confused too! I am going thru a depression right now and found this site today. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 05/02/12  11:55am
" i was diagnosed with low test 3 months ago. I am 53 and talked to my doctor and i am now using injectable testosterone cypionate.

He indicated that this approach is more controllable than the gels, creams, etc. I have felt better immediately and my testosterone went from 200 to 700.

I inject myself once per week and have no side effects other than sticking yourself with a needle every week. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 08/14/12  12:41pm
" I was on the patch for the first year and a half and hated it. Sticky residue eventually that I could not get off. I do much better on the androgel.

I never had confusion, but my temper is gone and my energy level is higher.

Those damn patches frustrated me, though. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 09/19/12  3:59pm
" I started on the patches three weeks ago but had to stop a couple of days ago because I started getting red, blistering, itchy rashes. Doc has me waiting until the rashes heal before I start anything different. Been using Benadryl Cream to get rid of them.

Never felt angry or confused but I noticed one day I was rather moody and didn't want to socialize with anyone. It didn't happen every day though. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 09/19/12  6:42pm
" Hopefully you won't get that with androgel. I did not get that, but I could not get rid of the sticker residue after I removed the patches. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 09/20/12  10:28am
" The doc seemed to think I was allergic to the patch itself rather than the medicine. At first he said we could switch to pills or shots. I had to ask about Androgel, which he said "Oh yeah, there's that too." Don't know what he is going to decide. He is not an endo so I am also wondering if I should move on to one. Trying to wait until my new insurance kicks in on 10/1 so the endo visit will be $20 less than with my current insurance. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 09/20/12  11:36am
" I guess there is a new one that applies to your underarm too. I hated the patches, but they worked -- but at least I was not allergic to them. Androgel is really easy to live with. Mine is just in internal med doc, not an endo. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 09/20/12  4:13pm
" Axiron. I may mention that one to him too. He is an internal medicine doc too. The patch was working for me too except for the rashes. Haven't thought that clearly in a long time. Started to lose weight. Oh well. How does the Androgel work? The patches I had to put on at night, hope they didn't fall off while I was sleeping, or when I took my shower the next morning. Can you put the gel on anytime - like after I take my shower in the morning? "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web