Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) Support Group
The term hypoglycemia literally means "low blood sugar." Hypoglycemia can produce a variety of symptoms and effects but the principal problems arise from an inadequate supply of glucose as fuel to the brain, resulting in impairment of function. Derangements of function can range from vaguely "feeling bad" to coma and in the worst case, can be fatal.
deleted_user
Has anyone tried this diet yet?
It's no carb/low carb and low/no fat in the beginning and then gradually introduces "good" carbs back into your diet later.
I have really gained weight due to this condition - and another one - and I thought this was a good way to wean my body off all the carbs and rely on protein - maybe it will stabilize my blood sugar.
I guess it can't hurt to try - I can always stop. What I'm doing now is certainly not working.
Let me know your thoughts!
It's no carb/low carb and low/no fat in the beginning and then gradually introduces "good" carbs back into your diet later.
I have really gained weight due to this condition - and another one - and I thought this was a good way to wean my body off all the carbs and rely on protein - maybe it will stabilize my blood sugar.
I guess it can't hurt to try - I can always stop. What I'm doing now is certainly not working.
Let me know your thoughts!
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
Is anyone here allergic to Sulfa that is currently taking Diamox? I have been diagnosed with IH now for almost 2 years. I am allergic to Sulfa drugs meaning that my throat will swell up so my Neurologist put me on Topamax. I was suffering from major loud whoosing noises and the topamax helped that but everyday I still hear those mainly between 6 - 12 pm. I am at my wits end and have not went...
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...
Personally, I go high on good fats such as avocados, almonds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, fish oil, etc. 50% of my diet is mainly green vegetables. I do about half my weight in grams of protein. I stick with the complex carbs, would say I do less carbs than your average person. This has been working for me, but again try different foods and just see how your body reacts.
I have been on the Dukan Diet for 2.5 weeks and have noticed an great improvement in my blood sugar levels - for the better. I still get hungry every 2 hours but the glycemic symptoms are greatly reduced - no dizziness, shaking, irritability, etc. I can actually hold off awhile before I need to eat. It's not an emergency. I still have symptoms once in awhile, it's not perfect - but much better than it was.
Some days, I have been able to go much longer between meals/snacks. I have been able to reduce the quantity of food I have to eat until my blood sugar comes back up.
I have been losing about 2 lbs per week.
The only downside is that your food selection is not good. But, towards the end of the diet you can add ome good carbs back in limited quantities.
I prefer not to overload on fats. I'm glad that works for you.