How to use DailyStrength
We're on Facebook
Check out our page
Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
swollen lymph node on back of head.. help!
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
about a month ago i found a swollen lymph node in the back of my head, at the hairline just beside my left ear. it was a little tender, sort of hard but movable. that lymph node now doesn't hurt as much but still feels the same. a few days ago i found ANOTHER swollen lymph node a bit further down and more towards the center of my head, on one of those lines of muscle (i dont really know what its called, but if you feel the back of your head there are two solid lines coming up your neck into your skull base). it is tender, also sort of hard but movable. i showed my doctor the first one and she said not to worry about it for now.. but now that this second one has popped up too i'm getting worried.

i've also been having stange sensations in my head the past few days. shocking lightning like zap headaches that come for a few seconds and leave, all over my head. also some burning pain near those swollen lymph nodes. i don't think i have an infection.. the only infection i can think of would be my ears. they have been bothering me for a few months now, but my doctor looked in them and said one of them was okay, the other one had too much wax build up for her to see in them. but the one ear with the wax build up sometimes leaks clear fluid when i get some of the wax out. i don't know if this is related to the lymph nodes? the lymph nodes are swollen on the left side, and the ear with the wax and fluid is the right one. all these weird head sensations are reeeeeally worrying me. i have a lot of frequent headaches too, and some wooziness, almost like a seasickness feeling while im sitting still. i don't know what's going on!!

i have a doctor's appointment on thursday, but until then i'm left to freak out about all of this. what could be causing these swollen lymph nodes and the pain? ear infection? possible scalp infection? (i have very dry scalp with some itchiness and when i itch there are sometimes sores that also ooze small amounts of clear liquid).. could it be impacted wisdom teeth? could deep cavities cause this? i have two being filled thursday.

someone please help!! i am so scared it's cancer or something devastating :(
Posted on 12/01/08, 03:11 pm
4 Replies Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for Hypochondria. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 12/02/08  12:32am
" I am sorry that you are going through this. I have been where you are, I was and am extremely worried about an unsteadiness and nausea. Try to be around those you love as much as possible, to distract you from your thoughts. Also you could try to write in a journal all your fears, it helps to vent. I will pray for you, just remember more then likely you will be fine. Hugs. Anne. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 05/10/09  11:38am
" Okay so I don't really have advice. Just a husband who has described the exact symptoms you are having and or had. The even weirder thing is that the left side of his head is exactly the place all of his is happening. I did not know if you ever figured out what was going on or if it got better. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 06/03/09  8:48pm
" Firstly, don't panic. Getting tense and anxious only puts more stress on your body.

I'm sure whatever you have can be cured.

There's a great guide for lymph nodes and the lymphatic system which can be found on http;//www.lymphadvice.com

If you take proper exercise and eat the right foods im sure you will be fine.

Best of luck... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 06/03/09  8:48pm

Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web