Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Questions-memory, unexplained fever, spotting
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Do any of you suffer from poor memory and concentration?
Can hyperthyroidism cause low grade fever -which I've had for days but I'm not sick with anything?
Can hyperthyroidism cause spotting in-between periods or abnormal bleeding?
Posted on 10/11/07, 09:12 pm
12 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Hyperthyroidism. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 10/11/07  11:09pm
" I know for a while I ran a temp of 102 w/ no cold symptoms. And the spotting, yes hyperthyroidism dose this, im even on depo provera (birth control) and I didnt get periods., ever since ive had hyperthyroidism
I spot all the time. Gyn says its because thee hormones sre so out of wack "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 10/12/07  4:24pm
" Thanks for your reply. The doctors I went to did not think the fever was linked to the thyroid but I think maybe it is-eapecially without any other symptoms.

I'm menopausal and I take HRT (Hormone Replacement) which gives me a period whenever I tale progesterone, but the spotting happened in between induced periods. I just went for a pelvic sonogram today to rule out any abnormalities. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 11/11/07  4:58pm
" Hi,

First I would like to say thyroid problems do cause memory problems. I went to a Nuerologist for Memory Loss and he looked no further when he heard I had auto-immune thryoid disease, my thyroid has caused big memory loss problems for me. And my periods were bad and painful, I was getting one every 2 weeks for a while. Since my thyroid is getting more level, my periods are becoming more normal. Oh ya, I and kept running a low grade fever with no infection found. That was driving me nuts, and thyroid tests did indicate i was hyperthyroid at that time of persistent low grade fever. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 11/12/07  9:11am
" Thanks for your replies! I'm post-menopausal for 8 years. Not sure if the spotting was related. Luckily it happened a few months ago and stopped. I'm having a sonogram tomorrow.

I now know running a low grade fever is from being hyperthyroid. When it happened I called my endo's office and the nurse there actually told me that a fever is not due to hyperthyroidism. I can't believe it!! How can health "professionals" working in endocrinology not know the symptoms of hyperthyroid??? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 11/12/07  4:00pm
" I definitely am struggling w/ the poor memory and poor concentration! argh.
My (new) endo said a fever is normal (although I do not have one) also lower WBC and (I guess) other lab values as well.
More and more it seems to me that the thyroid is related to EVERYTHING!!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 12/24/07  11:43am
" Just adding another yes to all three symptoms...I'm in graduate school and it's been crazy making not knowing when I'll have a clear, functioning head or when I'll be in a fog. It's nice to read comments from others that match my experience. Thanks All. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 09/08/08  8:53pm
" yes actually with hyperthyroid you usually run a higher body temp, with hypo it's lower.I guess that's why we are HOT! (wink) and hypos are cold.. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 09/12/08  4:21am
" I am just diagnosed and in no medication. I started having sweats and anxiety (more than usual) and irregular periods over 3 yrs ago. Went to doc's - menopausal symptoms - couldn't cope with sweats etc so went on HTR. Stopped that March 08. Increasingly I have had sweats, anxiety, memory loss, woozi-not-being-able to concertratedness. I have recently postponed my doctorate and cry every time I think I have to write 5000 words for a chapter on a subject I know very well. The silliset thing causes anxiety. Sometimes I sleep, many times not. I've stopped smoking for 3 mths so put a lot of the symptoms also down to this. It turns out that probably the early symptoms were hyper. I am getting tje symptoms full-pelt now. Difficult to concertrate writing this. Because I wasn't having periods and then recently had 3 heavy bleeds I have been referred for a hysteroscopy - next Tues. The routine blood tests show that I am not as far in the menipause as we thought and that I have hyper. So - yes, it causes all those things and certainly influences the menses. It is only because my daughter -who is a doc - insisted that I have the "post menopausal bleeding" (we thought) investigated. So I'll still have the hysteroscopy but I NEED HELP WITH HYPER! Good luck! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 09/12/08  10:48am
" annni-
Your abnormal bleeding is similar to what mine was. Why not postpone your hysterectomy until you get your thyroid under control? It took me about 6 weeks on medication to feel normal. Also check for uterine/cervical polyps or fibroids.

Ronni "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 09/16/08  9:00pm
" I have hyperthyroidism that is not under control and I think it can cause irregular bleeding as well as longer spotty cycles and infertility. I have the low grade fever thing also, it comes in waves like hot flashes or something. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web