Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Fluid in the ears?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Does anyone get fluid in the ears being hyperthyroid? I know it happens with hypothyroidism.
Posted on 03/04/11, 10:13 am
10 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Hyperthyroidism. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 03/04/11  10:49am
" No, not as hypER. Definitely as right now with my FT3 low and I have this problem. Ears itches a lot too.

{{{hugs}}} "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 03/04/11  11:09am
" Thank you. It could be from allergies dog, bird dander. mmztcass do you also have a lower body temperature with your low Ft3? My temp is really good like 98.4 98.6

I know you don't feel well at all right now. sorry. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 03/04/11  2:55pm
" Thank you. My temps have been around 96 and 97. That is low.

{{{hugs}}} "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 03/04/11  4:39pm
" Oh dang so sorry. Hope you feel better soon. I am coming down from being hyper. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 03/09/11  5:03pm
" Hi there bm55, What symptons would you get with this? Only reason i ask is because I have noticed a throbbing in my ear recently, and I've had it before when i was first diagnosed. Not sure whether this is related though x "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 03/10/11  7:03am
" I don't have any throbbling. It just feels like stuffed up ears. With holding my nose and blowing pressure to my ears, they always pop.

Yep I am hyper but not as much now cause my dose is reduced.My boobs were also quite tender.

Also found out that the fluid buildup from hyper can be from the loss of sodium and calcium. I found it on google. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 03/11/11  11:45pm
" I have had a full, plugged left ear for a couple of years. I went to an ENT a couple of years ago & he almost had me talked into sinus surgery. I finally got a second opinion a few months back & it was determined that sinus surgery wouldn't help. I also hold my nose & blow to release the pressure. I think I might have a very narrow eustachion tube. I think it is also related to thyroid imbalance. Another miserable symptom. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 03/30/11  10:23pm
" I am new here and I am hopeful I can find some help. I have tinnitus and hearing loss AND HYPERTHYROID, I have this "fullness of ear" feeling that most tinnitus sufferers find strange. Is this the fluid in the ears feeling?
I am looking forward to hearing from you. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 04/07/11  10:04am
" I was diagnosed with Graves disease 8 months ago and have hyperthyroidism. It's my second time having fluid in my ears. I didn't think this was linked to hyperthyroidism. Some ear itching then fluid.
Last time I went to the doctor they told me it was an ear infection of all things!
Now this week I had fluid in my ear and I'm bed ridden for 2 days. SO CONFUSED. Any solutions out there? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 04/07/11  10:34am
" Now I'm wondering if I had problems with my thyroid way back as a child other than as a teen with undiagnosed symptoms? I had frequent ear problems, fluid, itching, infections then too.

{{{hugs}}} "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web