Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
The "New Normal"
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Not really sure how to even start. I'm new to the site, and realizing I need some interaction with fellow cancer patients/survivors. I can't seem to get out of this emotional funk. My life has been turned upside down from this cancer. I just want to turn back time. No, I am, not Cher. Nothing is the same. Even after achieving one year of remission last month. Anyone else out there emotional? Anyone want to share stories? Anyone?
Posted on 12/07/11, 04:16 pm
2 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Hodgkin's Lymphoma. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 12/24/11  6:16pm
" It's very hard even now going through treatment with all the support in the world to stay upbeat and chipper all the time. When I saw how much of the online support community was devoted to after treatment (at least as much a pre-treatment and during treatment) I started thinking about how my world is going to change AGAIN when this treatment is all over.

I do have the fear that once I'm in remission or 'cured' that my support network will ease away from me at the same time I can't wait to be an independent adult again. It's all such a mixed bag and like you said there's no going back but a definite wish to.

Take care. Write back if you need to. Happy holidays. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 01/21/12  9:51am
" Hi,
I have to say that I know exactly what you're talking about. I found that the real challenge comes after the recovery. Cancer is something that always stays with you and it's only people that have been through it that can understand what's it like to live with the thought that you had it.

When you're going through the treatment you're more in survival mode but after you have much more time to reflect..

I found that I couldn't tell anyone that I had cancer without bursting into tears!! and yes quite emotional at times...I think that the more you find people to talk to about it the better. Or even look at trying to meet with local support groups.
Hope this helps.. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web