Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Glucomannan
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Watched the Dr. Oz Show recently and he mentioned taking 3 g of this supplement called Glucomannan to lower cholesterol. Curious if anyone has tried this. Thanks.
Posted on 01/22/12, 07:52 pm
5 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for High Cholesterol. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 02/03/12  9:58am
" have you tried it yet? i am looking for something tthat won't give me side affects. i'd rather take my chances eith the high cholesterol than live with all the side affects that I have had from meds so far. what have you tried? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 02/04/12  3:13am
" Well, not only do I have high cholesterol but my daughter as well. For myself, I have been doing a better job than my daughter. I have been going walking every day and staying away from stuff like ice cream, frozen foods, etc. and eating more fruit and veggies. My numbers went down but my daughter who just started college is having a hard time bringing her numbers down. Dr. Oz always mentions natural things so I always tell my daughter what things he has mentioned. Like he also said to eat 1/3 cup of pistacchios a day. I told her that and she was glad as that is an easy thing to do. ha ha She keeps saying she will try to get in more exercise and such but very hard since she's not only a fulltime student but also has 2 campus jobs.

Have not tried the glucomannan yet but will post it if I do. Actually I wanted to know for my daughter but will see. I don't want her to start with meds so want her to eat better. Will let you know if I try the glucomannan!

Do you get in any exercise? Walking every day really helps! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 02/12/12  11:03am
" Walking is good.Every day i walk 100-150metres between the computer, the fridge and the bathroom. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 02/13/12  3:49am
" That's funny.

Okay, now I have another thing I want to ask if anyone has tried. A friend has told me she has been taking red yeast for 3 years and her cholesterol has gone down considerably. Anyone with any info on red yeast? I looked it up and it says not enough long term study on this. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 04/16/12  10:07pm
" I would love to try the red yeast. Is it expensive? The one you mention that Dr. Oz suggested probably does work because I put a lot of faith in what he says and he usually doesn't recommend things that have side effects. Of course, we are all different. Wish those words side effects didn't exist! "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web