Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
Taking Bystolic and Norvasc?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I am supposed to be taking bystolic 5mg for 7days and then 10mg and I was already taking Norvasc 10mg. Does anyone else take this combo and how does it do? Here is a little background info:
I am 37yrs.old and Norvasc is my 5th med. I do ok on all the meds for a few months and then they start having bad side effects. The dr.says the Norvasc is a pretty high dose and will cause swelling so he would like to work me down. He added the bystolic but I haven't taken it yet. I don't like taking any medication, it took me quite a while and a scary trip to the er with my bp at 180/130, to stay on my meds. So far the norvasc is working fine: 115/80's heart rate: 90's. I actually noticed I was almost out of the norvasc and couldn't afford more now so I'm only taking half and I'm very pleased with how the bp is holding so I will stay on 5mg. Does anyone else tweak their own medication?
Posted on 09/18/09, 12:57 pm
1 Reply Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for High Blood Pressure. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 09/27/09  11:21am
" No, I am only on the Bystolic 5 mg. It seems to be working and keeping my bp low. I like it a lot because I don't have the fatigue I used to have with other beta blockers. And I have noticed it makes a difference in my ankles and feet swelling. I hope you get a good balance between your medications, make sure you discuss it with your physician. "

Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web