Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Lavender Essential Oil
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I haven't read any topic or anyone mentioning lavender essential oil as a remedy for HS so I thought to start this discussion.

I have always been intersted in aromatheraphy and the use of essential oils for beauty and health. Lavender essential oil should be a staple in every home for its multiple uses and healing powers. It is used to soothe burns and cuts and skin irritations like acne and because it is also an antiseptic I started using it on my HS wounds. I use it either diluted with a carrier oil (coconut, almond or grapeseed - but there are other carrier oils as well) or diluted in water and put in a spray bottle to use as deodorant.

Since I started using it (after I shower and whenever I feel I need to refresh) I did see an improvement in the way the wounds heal. I believe the wounds heal faster and maybe because of the relaxing properties, I get overall wellness. I love to use it before I go to sleep so the scent also helps me to unwind and fall peacefully asleep. I am currently using other remedies and antibacterial commercial liquids and creams so I cannot be 100% sure that it's the lavender oil which benefits healing but like I said, I feel good using it and lots of wounds I had when I started using it now are closed or reduced in size.

Not everyone likes the scent of lavender but if you are in for a natural remedy, give it a try and let me know whether it will work for you as well. I just would like to stress that if you are buying lavender essential oil it should come from a trusted or well known company or seller and it should NOT be a "fragrance oil".

Also, if you are interested in aromatheraphy you should get a book or research online because there are many other antibacterial and boils curing essential oils...I believe I tried most of them but in the end I always go back to my beloved lavender essential oil! :)
Posted on 06/02/12, 12:42 am
0 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Hidradenitis Suppurativa. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help

Advertisement

More From Around the Web