Discussion:
Soap?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Hey guys!

What kind of soap do you use?
Posted on 12/03/11, 09:12 am
23 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Hidradenitis Suppurativa. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 12/03/11  11:26am
" dail anti bacterial "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 12/03/11  2:36pm
" I just sarted using the same kind. So far so good. I also used this black tar soap bar that helped I could never find it again. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 12/04/11  5:19am
" Ive used Hibi scrub for the past 5 years - it helps x "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 12/04/11  5:20am
" also i use fucidin cream so as soon as i notice a boil i apply it this also helps but both are not a cure "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 12/04/11  2:13pm
" I never thought of using coal tar before. It's in a lot of Creams and shampoos for Psoriasis. I had bought some coal tar shampoo before, but never used it because the smell is so strong. I don't know what i was expecting.... its name is coal tar... he hee

I've been using a perscribed acne wash called benzifoam for a couple weeks on my arm pit. Seems to be helping "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 12/05/11  8:35pm
" I will check in to the Benzo foam in that an RX? I have also been using ICHTHAMMOL to draw out the bumps alot quicker. It seems to be helping!! It Smells like an oil rig though. :) I am trying a new thing now were I cover all my sores with it once a week. This way I can still try and treat it, but also keep my husband ;0) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 12/05/11  9:08pm
" Try to find one soap and stick with it for a while. I didn't notice immediate improvement with Dial Antibacterial Gold, but I will use nothing else. I don't think it's prevented the breakouts but I do think it's been good overall for my skin. I also use apple cider vinegar once a week diluted with water and wash with it. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 12/06/11  12:47pm
" yea, it's a perscription "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 12/06/11  7:45pm
" Hi,
My old standby is Dial antibacterial...(I have to be careful, though, I bought Dial Aloe and it's NOT antibacterial and later, I bought a brand called Top Care...supposedly comparable to Dial, but the lather was orange...ewe!)

My Derm Doc recommended Cetaphil and Cuticura Antibacterial and Cetaphil Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing, which I really like, because it's less drying, especially on the face.

I'm a little afraid of Safeguard, as it contains a VERY HIGH percentage of Triclocarban (all if not most antibacterial soaps have this ingredient). Who knows, maybe that's the tipping point to wellness. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 12/10/11  11:15am
" I have used Cetaphil before, but I did not feel clean. I am really liking the lavender dial! Smells good and make me feel clean :) "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 3 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web