Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Dove deodorant
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I can't find the thread now, but I remember reading somewhere here that someone was using Dove sensitive skin deodorant and was having success with it. I'm pretty much willing to try anything to alleviate this, so I figured I could give it a shot.

It seems to be working! I've been using it for the last few weeks under my breasts and I've noticed a lot of the persistent bumps I've had have gone down and some of the discoloration on my skin has faded.

I haven't tried it on my armpits yet mainly because I've got some open sores, so whenever things get around to healing up I'll try it there too,
Posted on 11/03/11, 04:49 pm
78 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Hidradenitis Suppurativa. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #11 - 02/14/12  9:56pm
" Interesting! Tangerinebear xo "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #12 - 02/15/12  12:59pm
" I have always used Dove deodorant but this past year I got a major flare up in my arm pits and couldn't use any deodorant at all. A friend of mine suggested I try a Crystal stone. That thing is AMAZING and I will never go back to regular deodorant! 1 stick lasts a full year and it doesn't smell at all! Love love love it! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #13 - 02/16/12  2:44pm
" We recommend using talcum powder with zinc oxide. It works great, is more natural and if that is done you liqueos balls and not have to use bandages. I use gold bond baby powder. Do not use deodorants with aluminum, my dermatologist does not recommend, you can use crystal deodorant. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #14 - 02/16/12  4:14pm
" I always used dove. Pre hs and during hs. I tried the crystal and it doesn't work as far as covering my stinky sweaty smell. I feel like it makes it worse! I've been using degree under my arm that hasn't been affected by hs and using desitin under the arm that has. Sometimes I will put a dab of degree on my arm, not under it, if I know I'm gonna be sweating. The desitin has closed one of the little holes there and I'm really happy about that. 1 down, 2 more to go! I don't believe the deodorant caused this. I believe friction from my bra caused it. My right boob is smaller than my left and my bra on the right side rides up and the underwire pressed right where my cyst under mu arm is.is. my left boob is the biggest and where my underwire aggravates it is an hs spot. The worst spot on my bottom is from where my panties and jeans rub. I see no difference with food, shaving, or deodorant. I do see a difference with stress, my cycle, and tight clothing. Again, I think everyone is different. Hugs to everyone. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #15 - 02/17/12  1:18am
" I've tried the Crystal deodorant. It only accomplished some nasty stinging if I accidentally got it anywhere near an open sore.

I did get a bump yesterday on the underside of my bottom. Put a little deodorant on it, and this morning it seems smaller and hurts less.

I also find that diet doesn't seem to make any difference. I haven't tried shaving at all, but a lot of my underarm hair doesn't even grow back anymore so I almost don't need to. My main culprit is definitely skin irritation from clothing. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #16 - 02/17/12  10:41pm
" I have started dressing as comfortable as possible! Yoga pants are now a staple of my wardrobe. I also found one type of bra that fits good from lane bryant and doesn't put any pressure on my arm pits. My main goal is to just keep this from getting any worse. And hope for a cure. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #17 - 02/19/12  7:52am
" You know Dove deodorant is the only one I can use that doesn't break me out more..it took me a long time to find it.I've never tried it on other areas of my skin though.I don't think I would try it on open sores. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #18 - 02/20/12  5:22pm
" I actually got brave and tried it on a sore. I just made sure I dabbed it with the deodorant instead of dragging it across (ouch). It's not the most pleasant thing but I've found that some more persistent sores began healing and closing. I make sure to get the good skin around it too. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #19 - 02/21/12  2:40am
" That is interesting.I think the idea of it possibly being painful scares me to try it lol. I get so light headed when I have open sores and I get really queasy.I have found Neosporin does wonders for me esp when it has pain relief with it.Definitely interesting about the deodorant tho. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #20 - 02/21/12  5:54am
" Dove soap and deodorant has always worked very well for me, and believe it or not I've recently started using Ivory body wash and it has really helped me.. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web