Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
body wash
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
does anyone have any recommendations for a body wash? i dont know what to use. i been using a sample given to me by a dr and i dont know if i can order online. from what i see. i cant. so just wanted to see what others use so i may try if i cant find this soap online.
Posted on 09/30/11, 01:09 pm
7 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Hidradenitis Suppurativa. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 09/30/11  2:48pm
" I use Hibiclens on my entire body. It's antimicrobial and doesn't hurt the open wounds. It does sorta dry out your skin a little bit though. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 09/30/11  10:15pm
" I also use Hibiclens. I mix it 1/2 and 1/2 with something from Victoria's Secret to make it smell nice. I have found that Bath and Body Works soaps break me out, but the Victoria's Secret ones don't. Hope this helps. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 10/01/11  11:01am
" Don't use anything with PERFUES or DYES in it! So body wash the liquid kind usually has both in there and will make your HS worse. I know from experience and the doctor recommended using CETAPHIL . That one is a little expensive so right next to it at walmart is the generic called BASIS...that is $1.97 a bar. It works great. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 10/01/11  3:37pm
" i also use the hibiclens mixed with dial soap, liquid or bar, dial is also an antibacterial soap, just make sure you read the label as not all of the scents are antibacterial "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 10/02/11  1:34am
" Dial makes my HS waay worse. I avoid it like the plague.

I use Dove unscented bar soap for my groin/thighs/underarms.

I heard about Lever 2000 on here and it's great! I still prefer Dove for my groin, I think it's best for women with or without HS. I use Lever everywhere else though. I also use a natural sponge because I've found that it does a better job of cleansing/cleaning.

I also use Dr. Bronner's Tea Tree Castile Soap because it's good for cleansing too.

Three soaps?! I know, but I'll use 1000 if it means I don't have to deal with flareups. So summary: DOVE for groin/underarms; Lever for everything; Dr. Bronner for everything. Natural sponge. And this is every shower I take.

I don't use the sponge on my thighs because my skin there is very sensitive. I do use it on my underarms to get off any deordorant (I like aerosol Secret- everything else is hell for me). "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 10/02/11  2:38am
" i use QV wash..not sure u have it over there in the US... we don't have hibiclens (that i have found) in australia...there is only 1 antibacterial "soap" on the market that i can find and it's very $$$

what i have been doing is adding a few drops of tea tree oil to my qv wash as tea tree oil has antibacterial properties...and i have noticed a decrease in eruptions since doing this a few weeks ago "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 10/02/11  5:44pm
" I use sanex dermo senstive or sanex 100% pure......both have no perfume or evil chemicals to aggravate my skin. I also tend to get a thrush type thing when i use anything too perfumed.
Sanex also doesnt sting or anything when i have open wounds but when i do I use a tea tree mild facial wash on them for the anti-bacterial, cleaning and disinfecting properties. It stings a bit but Id rather put up with some stinging than worry about getting them infected. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web