Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Bleach baths
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Ok so I've been doing bleach baths for a little bit now. Definately feel cleaner. But just a word to the wise. Be careful how much bleach you add. I only do 1 cup for a full bath due to it's size.
But last night, being the wonderful husband that he is, my husband ran me a tub of hot water last night. Instead of measuring out 1 cup he just grabbed a plastic cup out of the kitchen and filled it up, turns out it was like 2 1/2 to maybe 3+ cups of bleach in there. He was trying to be helpful. Needless to say I now have bleach burnt areas along with the abcesses.
Be careful how much bleach you put in! LOL
Posted on 09/10/11, 01:22 pm
11 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Hidradenitis Suppurativa. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 09/10/11  1:49pm
" Just had to put that out there. He just wanted to help. After I got over the irritation of the bleach, a couple of the ones downstairs finally opened up, and at least they are draining. That does ease the discomfort a little.So now instead of having this burning, tight, "pinched" pain that I have when I have one that hasn't opened up or been lanced.

Poor hubby was just trying to help. XD "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 09/10/11  1:57pm
" Thank goodness your hbuby is understanding and willing to help. He gets a gold star for trying. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 09/10/11  6:46pm
" Bleach baths are very bad for the skin...Yes, you can do them but I truly think it is a huge waste of time! not to mention that I dont think bleach was meant for the skin....... doctors tell you to take bleach baths cause they dont know what else can help~ Tangerinebear xo "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 09/10/11  7:00pm
" I had read about it on here somewhere, not so much as a cure, but that maybe would be something to help lessen frequency, along with other stuff, of course.
It was all good til my husband tried to help. Just like the old saying "Too many cooks ruin the pot." Well, he was the one too many this go round. I won't be doing any of those kinds of baths for a bit. Give my skin time to recover, so to speak..lol
I just thought there was a bit of humor in all this, as the burn was not super bad, and my skin seems to have calmed down considerably. It's just something I am not likely to repeat anytime soon.
Sorry if my humor seems messed up, but I'd rather try to find something to laugh about, XP XD "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 09/10/11  9:24pm
" What can I say. OY VEY. I just don't think I could ever do a bleach bath. The idea of it makes my hair stand on end. I invision bleach water going up into the girl parts. Thats all I can say. Glad you are okay.
Take Care... xoxoxox "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 09/10/11  10:43pm
" Had to laugh at the bleach going into the girlie parts! The shit the doctors tell us to do to try and stay well! like put bactroban all over your body~ Give me a break~ if you are a carrier for staph and you have HS it is a double whammy like my daughter...We do the best we can. I know the bleach kills staph but seems to me it is not helping the epidermis of the skin any..if anything it could irritate the skin even more...... had to laugh about your husband and your bleach bath...you really got a crapload of bleach in your little bath..I hope your skin is okay......and yes, humour is the best medicine girl, tangerinebear xo "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 09/11/11  7:39am
" Hi Guys,

I'm still trying the bleach baths and I just pour an approximate amount... I don't really measure, just pour in what I think is about right. No doubt I've gone over two cups on a few occasions. I haven't suffered any side effects other than my skin feeling a bit dry. I'm going to continue with bleach baths for awhile. Bleach is not only supposed to fuck up bacteria but also fungal infections.

My condition has improved a bit, but I can't honestly put it down to a single treatment. I'm trying bleach baths, vicks, increased zinc plus antibiotics. I have my hands on some tumeric in a bottle that is supposed to be used for seasoning.. not quite sure how to administer it yet... not sure if I should put the turmeric on as a topical lotion or take it orally... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 09/11/11  7:46am
" I just googled bleach for both fungal and bacterial infections... it is not generally accepted as a solution. I'll take my risk. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 09/11/11  11:04am
" I would never do a bleach bath. Just doesn't seem like a good idea. But what I have found is that swimming and soaking in the pool/spa really help clear up the condition. I think it's the cloreine killing the infection. I would go that route before a bleach bath. Or epsom salt bath. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 09/11/11  5:06pm
" sorry about your husband. can you just rub some bleach on the areas where you get H.S? "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web