Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Ibuprofen
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I have 2 jobs and take ibuprofen All the time. Usually 800mg at a time about 4-5 times a day. I cannot funciton if I don't I feel like I have the flu. How bad is this for my body or does anyone have advice about this? Thanks
Posted on 12/12/10, 12:31 am
4 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Hidradenitis Suppurativa. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 12/12/10  6:28am
" you really must take ibuprofen with food as it is very bad for your stomach taken alone. i take co-codamol 30/500 for pain, i too cannot function properly without it & have been prescribed it for 3 years now. its strong & apparently addictive but my doctor has no qualms about prescribing it for me! take care x "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 12/12/10  4:05pm
" my next appointment with the derm is in January. I will talk to him about pain management and the ibuprofen then. Thanks for the reply I know I dont want a hole to be eaten through my stomach lol. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 12/12/10  6:02pm
" Long term ibuprofen use can cause stomach ulcers, mild headaches, insomnia and drowsiness. Also, if you have any cardiovascular issues, it can increase risk of stroke or destruction of heart tissue. Really annoying, I know. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 12/13/10  2:03am
" I believe it also causes liver damage if taken in large amounts on a regular basis...sad isnt it? yeah, the HS isnt going to kill us but the pain meds we need just might! "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web