Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
H.S. and Hypothyroidism
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I suffered from life interrupting H.S. on a monthly basis until I discovered that I was hypothyroid and began medication for that. No flare-ups since 3 months in on new meds for hypothryroidism.

I was wondering if there are others who also have a thyroid disorder and H.S.?
Posted on 06/30/10, 06:58 pm
3 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Hidradenitis Suppurativa. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 06/30/10  11:08pm
" yes. I was diagnosed with Hypo and HS around the same time. I took synthroid for 2 years but did not notice a diff in the HS. Lately my thyroid levels have been normal but the HS is still troublesome. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 07/01/10  2:42pm
" hmfeather, when I started armour thyroid in addition to my synthroid, that is the first month there was no flare up at all. Armour Thyroid is no longer on the market, but I take something for my T3 in addition to my synthroid. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 07/01/10  6:53pm
" I also have hypothroidism. Diagnosed ten years prior to the onset of hs. Is there a connection? I have no idea. It does seem to be a slightly common factor here though. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web