Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
Physical and emotional pain.
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I've had HS for 4-5 years now and I can't get any doctor I see to help me. I already had some emotional problems before the HS and now it's like x10 worse. I try everyday to hold back from crying in front of my husband and kids. I am the end of my rope and I don't know what else to do??? What can I do to recieve some type of surgery or the CO2 laser treatments, something. Anything to help with the emotional and physical pain I have to suck up and endore everyday.
Posted on 12/24/12, 01:11 pm
16 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for Hidradenitis Suppurativa. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #11 - 01/01/13  3:45pm
" I just wanted to tell you the HS Institute charges $41-$150 for the consulation. Then the next day they do the surgery. The first surgery is $2400. When you book it you have to pay 1/2 of it up front. I called December and my appointment is April 10th for Surgery. So if you can save up $1200 (tax returns) and the save the rest separately then it might not be so bad. I'm in California and the flight is only $381 round trip. You are much closer to Ohio so you probably fly there cheaper. Any additional surgeries are $1800-2000. You can email them pictures and they can tell you if you are good candidate for surgery. I'm in Calfornia. I have HS under both breasts, left armpit (again after surgery came back now)tailbone, vagina/groin area, and back of my head. He does up to 50 cc of litocane so that is about 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours surgery. I'm going to do the most serious areas first.Anyway I was going to say I haven't found anyone like him in California going through medical. One doctor says you need a plastic surgereon another says it will only spread to another area and he only has experience with armpit surgery, and the last one said he wanted to do 10 surgeries on me, hospitalize me each time, and do them all in sections. No thank you! I'm going to the expert. I might only be able to get some of it cleared up but it's better than what I deal with now. Good luck! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #12 - 01/01/13  7:34pm
" Thksexybbw: does insurance cover the HS Institute treatments? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #13 - 01/02/13  8:34am
" Sunshiner ... No they do not take insureance that is why I can't do it. We talked about this earlier, the website is on the first page of this discussion. The over all cost is about $5,000. And from what Thksexy is saying it takes4-5 months to be seen. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #14 - 01/04/13  6:58pm
" Has any of you tried cutting gluten and or dairy our of your diet?.. It is very difficult but my daughter had developed boils in her groin and also started with gi issues. We removed gluten and dairy and most processed foods from her diet and her boils are gone. I do believe it is all related, drs don't know, you have to be your own advocate. Try the diet for a few weeks and see if it helps, it certainly could not hurt worse than you do now....I think that if you get the surgery and it keeps coming back it is because you are still ingesting something that your body wants to eject. Google boils and celiac ( disease associated with gluten ) . You will find posts from people that say their skin issues cleared when they cut gluten out. Also google dr. Oz gluten show. There are a lot of symptoms associated wi gluten intolerance.

I hope this helps someone....

Laura "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #15 - 01/04/13  7:09pm
" I scheduled a consultation in March. I'm desperate. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #16 - 01/05/13  12:42pm
" I understand how you feel. you are not the only one getting frd up with this thing. I would do it too but I sadly don't have the money and they said it could be more than 5,000 depending on how much of it you have. and i get it in 5 areas. I am glad that this is something that you can do for yourself. I hope it all works out for you. Make sure you update everyone when you do get it done. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web