Phone: 734-763-6295
  Added by: Zarinahsworth   
  Rating:
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
5 STARS so far....Had my first appointment at a nationally recognized hospital that made me feel like 15 years of weight has been lifted. No, I'm not suddenly lesion/ abscess free. But what I am is renewed to feel warm & welcome from the moment i walked (ran) in the door (Late cuz of traffic & nervous as hell btw). Given speedy directions from lobby to 9th floor to Clinic. Greeted by the intake staff sweetly 16mins late as if I was early, didn't have time to get the coffee or tea she offered before getting called back. So detailed, so thorough, so interested & patient, listening & asking questions the jerk ass docs of the past would never. Of I forgot the detailed packet of vulvar conditions & management I got as I was initially greeted as mentioned before. Thorough & compassionate & still interested & engaged and asking they questions I don't mention cuz what Dr ever cared before. Every single moment of the hour and half the two physicians consulted and inquired about my quality of life & expectations, respecting that I'm not trying to be cut all up & don't want surgery to be thrown around as if the only option & being positive and caring of my dislikeand fears of doctors in General (which I mentioned repeatedly:/) then the Conclusion, a consultation about the approach they felt I'd be most comfortable (doxycycline & BC) neither of which I've tried & the birth control I was previously denied by my pcp because she's a .....Anywho, she also recommended zinc gluconate 50mg twice daily & asked if I'd like to speak with the sex therapist regarding any concerns. As I tried to get my hands on some coffee during a short interlude I was wisked away,after two yummy sips to room with a gorgeous View (sew pic) to what I expected to be brief to a detailed, Frank and complex funny conversation with a very down to earth and open minded sex therapist who gave me (who thinks she's excellent & skilled at what I do despite my diagnosis) tips and tricks I hadn't thought of and I'm faaaar from prude. Overall it was something I really can't put into words but was utterly compelled to share this with anyone, women especially who have felt down & out, sad, confused, embarrassed, ashamed, pained by hidradenitis. I'm thirty single and have no kids but I honestly in my heart & soul feel more beautiful, exceptional and free than I have in my entire life and that's my God's honest truth. I feel anew and ready to start my life :*)
1 Recommendation Add Your Recommendation
Your Rating:
 (Click on stars to rate)
Reminder: This is a support group for Hidradenitis Suppurativa. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Recommendation:
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 10/20/12  5:01pm
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
" Sorry for any spelling error, I'm on my cell:*) "

Add Your Recommendation
Advertisement

More From Around the Web