Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
coughing alot..anyone else?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I am coughing alot because it feels like i have something in my throat... is that happening to anyone else? and do you feel like you need to burp but it cant come up? thanks for being here to ask quesitons.....
Posted on 03/31/08, 11:05 pm
9 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Hiatal Hernia. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 04/01/08  10:24am
" I too have a dry, nagging cough that drives me crazy. I finally found out it is due to the GERD/hiatal hernia. The dr. gave me a list of foods to stay away from (basically chocolate and anything acidic). "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 04/01/08  10:26am
" Oh and he told me to lose weight stating that this would help release pressure from the hernia and open the airway more. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 04/01/08  12:51pm
" thanks for the advice... last night i put even another pillow under me so i was higher and that helped the cough.i was almost sitting up!that is going to take getting used to if it doesnt go away with the medications.. i was avoiding chocolate but have been having juice so i will elimate that and see what happens... hope yours gets better! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 07/20/08  12:24pm
" Sounds like what I have acid reflex,GERD. I aspirated yesterday morning and scared me to death when I couldnt breath, I was home alone with a 3 month old baby.

I know its cause I got feeling better and starated drinking tea, either decaf or caffiene will kick it in.

I dont know why we dont learn and dont lose the weight. I lost 30 lbs and was feeling better then stress came and I gained it back.

But that coughing is probably from acid going into your lungs while you sleep. Try not to eat anything 5 hours before laying down, take some mylanta before going to bed, stay away from acids, chocolates, caffiene and the list goes on and on,.

Gastrologist said only lose a lb a week anymore will damage your other organs.

Isnt life GRAND LOL no "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 07/23/08  10:02pm
" Yeah I have the same symptom when i first found out that i had hernia, I would threw up food i ate, be up all hours of the night & had to wait an hour or so to lay down. Its manageable now. but horrible at the beginning "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 05/11/09  5:51pm
" Yes - I have the dry cough too. I hadn't even realised it was related! I did some running tonight, and my symptoms feel much better now. Take care. Janey :) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 05/12/09  7:22am
" coughing is very common with a hiatil...in fact coughing too much can keep pushing the hiatal up into the diaphram...which is not good...talk to your dr about the coughing "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 05/14/09  12:57am
" Yes, sounds like we have all had this problem. I think it is a symptom of heartburn becoming GERD becoming hiatal hernia requiring repair. The coughing and throwing up started for me in Europe, after being asleep for a few hours, and I was living it up on rich foods over there as you can imagine... the coughing wakes you up, if you are lucky -- it's acid coming up and then going down the wrong pipe, exactly what you don't want to sleep through. Time to get an endoscopy, I'm afraid. Good luck!!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 05/20/09  7:45pm
" I have throat clearing - have had it for years! No one could figure out what it was - phlegm in my throat. I finally diagnosed myself - it's probably GERD. So annoying. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web