Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Carafate for Hiatal hernia
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I just wanted to let everyone know about Carafate. It is a wonder drug for hiatal hernia and is also good for ulcers. I've noticed no one really has spoken of it here and I thought I should because it is cost efficient where others are not and does a fantastic job.
Posted on 10/18/07, 04:43 am
12 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Hiatal Hernia. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 10/18/07  9:35pm
" I agree with you; this drug is very effective and seems it has hardly any side effects. YOu can place the pill in water if it causes problesm going down... my gastro doc told me this, because at times the pill gets stuck in th eback of my throat...
Thank you for posting this! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 11/18/07  12:09pm
" I had the same problem! After I was trying to take it for a few weeks I went to see my doc and that was when he suggested to dissolve it in water. Thanks for bringing that up, I should have included that info in my post. Cheers! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 12/07/07  11:01pm
" Thanks for the great infor.,will check this out w/my Dr.
God Bless, val "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 02/20/08  9:42am
" I was on it for years and chewed it up, its a chalk substance to coat your esophagus and stomach to help from destorying the tissues, I was told not to take it for years and years. My barretts cleared up so I went off of it, when my acid starts acting up and throat starts burning I use it again for just a little while. ITs cheap cause its just chalk coating. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 02/20/08  9:43am
" I do continue to take my PPIS and gaviscon or mylanta when needed. Though PPIS keeps your body from absorming calcium and osteoporsis is setting in, "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 03/09/08  10:14pm
" I am taking it too but not having alot of luck...I am going to try to disolve the pills first. hard to take. and they didnt seem to relieve pain. not having acid reflux any more but still have pain..i am worried about osteoperorsis as i already have the beginning of it.... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 11/02/08  4:57pm
" I love Carafate and if I could I would send it a hug. It has been a lifesaver for me!

DX with gerd, hiatal hernia, colitis and ulcers in stomach and colon (10/15/08). "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 11/04/08  3:44pm
" never heard of it...but thanks for the info...I will mention it to my stomach dr on the 12th....hugs "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 11/04/08  3:49pm
" Hi again I just looked Carafate up and for those of yous that have problems swollowing there is a liquid form of the medicine you can take instead.... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 11/05/08  6:33pm
" Thank you for the information. I'm having both upper and lower GI scopes done on the 18th and will ask if this is appropriate if they show I need medicated.

Loving Kindness "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web