Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
numb & tingly
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
has anyone else experienced numbness in their fingertips? a couple months ago it was my left hand, now it's the fingertips on my right hand that are numb.

i started going to the Chiropractor, we thought it was caused from my neck being out of whack, but i'm not entirely convinced. i've had numbness down my right side for the last couple years--arm & leg, so it's not from one single source in my back. i'm thinking it's more of a fibromyalgia thing. all this rain we've been getting, and stress at work seem to make it worse.

i also seem to remember reading something about "if you experience numbness......???......talk to your doctor." is this another one of those lovely hep/tx sides?

we must be awesome..............
being able to endure all of this...........
only the strong survive!!!
GO WARRIORS!!!
Posted on 05/27/09, 09:59 pm
17 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Hepatitis C. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 05/27/09  10:37pm
" Yep, I experience some numbness in my left hand from time to time. One time my neck and back was pretty bad and my doctor said it was straight up stress. So, she gave me paxil and seems to help with my irritability. My girlfriend has fibromyalgia and she has bad flare ups at times. She is still in the process of getting help.

Good Luck and talk to your doc.

Yes! Go Warriors!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 05/27/09  11:24pm
" Yes I did in Tx I didn't tell the Doctor. I took as one of the side of
TX and it would go away after TX was done It did
It came and went here and there while I was on Tx

I also got tingling in my arms. Would use cold pack to
get it to go away
But that didn't work on numbness "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 05/28/09  7:20am
" I had it too, and I do believe it's due to the lack of oxygen.
Having our white cells wiped out, the lack of oxygen doesn't get to the extremities of our bodies.
Which is why it affects more the end of the arms, and legs.
I hope this makes sense, I'm still trying to wake up. lol
Thanks for bringing this up, great topic.
Mckenzie
One day at the time. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 05/28/09  11:39am
" Tingle in your fingertips!!!! Numbness!!!
You better check your bloodsugar!!!!
Diabetes is a side effect of TX!!!
get an A1C ,and a fasting blood glucose test!! Now!!!
Simple test, very important!
Make sure that diabetes is not the problem! Cause you can do something to fix that!
If you have neuropothy, caused by diabetes!
IE numbness , you can do things to prevent the spread or even reduce the problem!
Take it from a diabetes Type 2 sufferer, make your move!!
I don't feel my feet or fingers and the doctors missed it!! Be your own advocate, and remember doctors are people, they make mistakes and worse! Get those tests A1C blood glucose and tell me what they are!! I been doing this for ten years with the blood sugar!
Mark "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 05/28/09  2:16pm
" Pretty typical I think along with joint pain, etc. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 05/28/09  7:10pm
" I did have numbness, but mine turned out to be my neck not TX. I had a lot of joint pain though. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 05/28/09  9:04pm
" Hi, I think I have had every side effect possible, besides death! I have had 2 back surgeries also. My chiropractor is my back doctor. I trust what he says. I couldn't sleep with my hand on the bed with me for a while, I had to hang it off the bed or it would fall asleep. But it went away. I think my neck was out for a while. Sometimes you have to get adjusted a few times before it helps. Maybe you want to get another opinion if you're not sure. Did you tell your liver doc? Good luck, Wendy. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 05/28/09  9:55pm
" i am feeling numbness in my left finger tips. crap, i've been sitting on my left hand. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 05/28/09  10:10pm
" If I did I dont remember,barb "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 05/28/09  10:23pm
" I've wondered about diabetes several times. I get the shakes bad if I don't eat by a certain time...................... just one more thing to add to my ever-growing list of medical imperfections! Thanks Marcus, I'll follow up on that.
Gabe, I have been dx w/fibromyalgia in the beginning of my saga

thanks for your posts everyone! "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web