Register for a SOVALDI co-pay coupon
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Hopefully of use to some folks here.

Register for a SOVALDI co-pay coupon
https://www.sovaldi.com/copay-regis...
Posted on 12/06/13, 10:15 pm
20 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Hepatitis C. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 12/06/13  11:47pm
" THANKS!! Wonder if it would work for off label? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 12/07/13  12:08am
" GOOD thought, Rass! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 12/07/13  12:10am
" Well, okay, I can't use it because TriCare pays for my scripts (federal thing) but for some this is really awesome!

THANK YOU, KRAMER! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 12/07/13  1:01am
" I'm a little confused about the "up to a maximum of 20% of the catalog price of a 12-week regimen..."

(My understanding is that some like geno 3s would have to do 24 weeks.)

I'm gonna call them! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 12/07/13  8:41am
" What it sounds like is a 20% discount of the catalog price. So you still got to have insurance coverage, and only works where the 80/20 rules apply. What i make out of it...If they sell the drug for 90k they help you out with 18K. The rest paid by your insurance.

80/20 ....70/30......60/40 ...in Obamacare
If you are on the bottom or Bronze you will not get a treatment, or you got to fork 18k yourself. When already you only can afford Bronze the 18K could be a huge issue to put together. I see some storms on the horizon.The prices got to come down otherwise many people will ever be able to afford the treatments. For the $147 cost of 12 weeks there is lots a wiggle room for the Pharma. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 12/07/13  10:02am
" It says "Coupon is not valid for prescriptions eligible to be reimbursed:
in whole or part by Medicare, Medicaid, or any other federal or state-funded healthcare benefit program
by private plans or other health or pharmacy benefits programs that reimburse you for the entire cost of your prescription drugs"

So I wonder if these coupons are valid for a 24 week tx if it doesn't exceed the 20% of 12 week regime cost?

It does sound like the coupons are good with your insurance as long as your insurance doesn't pay the entire cost? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 12/07/13  10:19am
" I don't know where you get $147 reminder....

20% of $84,000 is $16,800

if they pay up to that amount that leaves $67,200 "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 12/07/13  10:21am
" Wouldn't the bronze be 40% or 36k? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 12/07/13  1:20pm
" $147 is the manufacturing cost of the 12 weeks of treatment. It is all over the net. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 12/07/13  2:21pm
" According to Gilead, the wholesale cost for a month's worth of Solvadi is $28,000.

http://www.counselheal.com/articles...

84.000 for 12 weeks.

The drug, sofosbuvir, which will be sold as Sovaldi, is manufactured by Gilead Sciences Inc. For some patients, the drug will be the first medication that can be taken for 12 weeks with one additional option and no interferon. Interferon is an injection that can lead to the development of flu-like symptoms. According to the FDA, patients with two strains of the virus called genotypes two and three will be able to take sofobuvir without interferon. Patients with the most common type, genotype one, would have to take sofosbuvir with interferon and ribavirin. Treatment for these patients could be up to 24 weeks. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web