Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
will rubbing alcohol kill hep c
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
thanks for all of the replys earlier i really appricate it thanks. Another question but this one is for my friend she also thinks that she might have it but, she used a needle after someone that was hep c positive but before she used it she rinsed it really well with rubbing alcohol what if any chances of her not getting it?
Posted on 08/21/09, 07:07 pm
12 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for Hepatitis C. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 08/21/09  7:16pm
" Okay... Listen... I've been clean since January of 08 but before then I was a IV cocaine addict and a few times I used my partners needle, but only after cleaning it with Alcohol very thoroughly and I still got Hep C. Of course, I didn't know that he had it until after the fact. However, tell your friend she's stupid for sharing needles, in any way shape or form and that if she isn't clean, she should get clean. Hep C isn't the only thing she can get from sharing needles and remind her that the other thing (hiv) can't be gotten rid of.

This is serious stuff. I wish the best of luck to you and her. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 08/21/09  7:16pm
" The bad new is no rubbing alcohol does not kill the virus but bleach will. Your friend should be tested for sure. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 09/05/09  2:45pm
" Your friend should be tested right away and she needs help getting off the needles!!!!!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 09/05/09  3:29pm
" As far as I know, nothing will completely clean a used rig. Not bleach, not rubbing alcohol... nothing. If you're gonna use, just go buy some clean needles. I know everyone thinks that you have to be diabetic or something in order to buy them from the pharmacy, but I used to get them from the wal-mart pharmacy all the time and they never questioned me. I'm not saying that using needles is okay. That's how I got myself into this mess in the first place. I'm just being realistic. Tell her to get tested, and to buy clean rigs if she's gonna use. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 09/05/09  3:55pm
" 95% of IV drug user have Hep C
and alcohol does not kill the virus
as for chlorine bleach
1 part bleach to 5 part water will work
The virus has to be exposed to this for
at less 2 minutes to kill it.
Best thing to do is not use IV drug
and get tested.
I've been clean since 1980 and what I said
goes against my grain but we have to stop the spread
of this virus.so get the word out about bleach.
I know 2 minutes is along time to wait. You could use
more bleach but this would increase the chance of chlorine
poisoning "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 09/05/09  4:48pm
" LindsayS
In some states you need a prescription
to get them
War on drugs you know "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 09/06/09  2:35am
" Even bleach isn't gauranteed to kill Hep C and it can live on surfaces and places for weeks without dying. It's a tough little f'er. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 09/06/09  7:07am
" I had someone use bleach on the needle and it still transmitted..those 15seconds when that needle is in your arm isnt worth your life if you feel life is that fu*ked up then find a different drug pills/weed/party drinking..
And who knows if he hasnt got HIV? he obviously feels friendly with his needles.. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 09/06/09  8:55pm
" I'll never understand why people use needles and drugs. Be safe people think before you share needles. Its senseless. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 09/07/09  12:23am
" http://www.natap.org/2002/Dec/12120...
on this next link you want chapter 3
http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/hepc/pub...
and do not reuse cotton, spoons, or rinse water
http://www.kingcounty.gov/healthser...
I know this is not 100% safe. But it better than nothing
and 2 minutes is to long for an addict to what
The biggest problem is that most addict are hope to
die addicts so they don't care.
The shame is that most addicts have above average IQ
This is a great lost of mind power to the world.
As a recovering addict I pray for them.
As a person recovering from hep C I pray for them. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web