Had full blown Hep In 70s
Im wondering how many had full blown Hep. I was 18 and in hospital 3 wks. they didnt even know what type it was. They called it non A non B. In 93 I found out I had C. Dormant for years,however sooner or later it was going to come back and bite me in the ass. On tx 29 wks. Tough but well worth the pain. Anything in life I dont feel I dont grow anyway, so theres a theory.
Posted on 08/26/07, 11:13 am
Reminder: This is a support group for Hepatitis C. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

Reply #1 - 08/26/07  11:29am
" Yeh I found out 10yrs ago. Found out that Ive had it since the mid 70's.I was so young and stupid.And I thought the 70's were cool! You know Janis Joplin and others! Keep the strength sister Im with ya!! "
Reply #2 - 08/26/07  1:00pm
" Hello Joan glad you found our fine community.

Any news on your meds???

Again welcome to Daily Strenght.

We are here for you.
Mckenzie
One day at the time "
Reply #3 - 08/26/07  4:52pm
" Hi Joan,

I was in a hepatic coma fpr 11 days in 1985 due to Hep C, went into liver failure, renal failure and congestive heart failure. I also has septicemia. I was on a respirator and in intensive care for 15 days. I was also diagnosed with Non A Non B as well.

The fact that I was on chemotherapy for Leukemia at the time is the reason why I got so gravely ill. I did wind up losing my spleen and my gallbladder.

Mouse "
Reply #4 - 08/26/07  11:15pm
" i HAD HEP a IN THE SECOND GRADE,SEEM TO ME THAT i HAD IT A LONG TIME BEFORE i WENT TO THE HOSP., BUT ONCE THERE i WAS PUT IN QUARINTINE FOR 8 WKS. i KNOW NOTHING MORE THAT THAT. HELEN "
Reply #5 - 08/29/07  11:45pm
" I HAVE O IDEA IF THIS IS REVELANT, BUT I HAD HEP A WHEN IN THE SECOND GRRADE AND WAS QUARINTINED FOR 8 WEEKS IN AN ARMY HOSP.IT MAY NOT EVEN BE REVELANT...HELEN "
Reply #6 - 08/30/07  2:08pm
" I'm glad that you finally found out and are on tx to fight! In the '70 went to Doc w/fatigue, etc. Got call back that my bloodwork showed hep and they wanted me to come back in-I asked if it was critical and if drinking at a party the night before culd affect blod and they said maybe...was just starting new job and didn't have ins so never went back. Just last mo I finally asked for test (alot of my old party friends had it!) so I was dx w/hc g1a-getting bioposy next wk. I contracted this in roaring '70s when life was a large party...now that I'm ready to retire and off work wuldn't ya know it wuld bite me in ass....sucks that docs didn't know anything back then we could already be well...oh well it was fun when I was young (18-now 47)! Sorry yu got so sick in past and they didn't catch it...I've never had symptoms in 30 yrs -- wonder how many others are out there w/o knowing it! I wish you the best and welcome to our site, yur friend! "
Reply #7 - 08/31/07  12:19am
" My doc said there was noway to tell how long people have it or how some of us get it. He said you have it and don't worry about how or where u got it, we have to deal with it. 5 years clear geno 2a, tx was hell for 6 months. "