smoking pot and hep C
my sister who has hep C is not a pot smoker but was wondering if she smoked one hit of pot in the morning (she is dealing with her husband joe who is alzheimers shes loking to calm herself down to have the patience to be able to deal with him.)she will start treatment after she gets joe cmpletly diagagnoised and into day car or what ever. will pot damage her liver more?
Posted on 01/17/09, 12:40 pm
Reminder: This is a support group for Hepatitis C. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

Reply #1 - 01/17/09  2:15pm
" i think it would help save the world myself! smoke em if you got em "
Reply #2 - 01/17/09  2:15pm
" I also asked that question you can go to my posting when I asked that question it is under Medical Marijuana i posted it 12/12/08 under Discussions.. I had 28 replys..good luck..everyone has there own opintion.. I went and got my card and it does seem to help me when i am really sick. "
Reply #3 - 01/17/09  5:53pm
" The ONLY way I was able to make it thru 48 weeks of Tx., was by smoking pot. I vaporized it.
I do NOT think that smoking that little would do as much damage as taking an asprin will.. Good luck! "
Reply #4 - 01/17/09  6:43pm
" THC (the active ingrediant in pot) needs to be filtered by your liver. I think the actual amount of substance that has to be filtered is minamal. It's toxic foot print is unknown to me. Don't beleive the government, they can't tax pot so their advice\info is skewed! Most likly the toxic level is less then the chemicals in a slice of lunchmeat. (sorry Oscar, your stuff is hard on my liver).
On the other hand, a good bud will help with lack of appetite problems (munchies) and cures nausea. This would be a must when reading "Miss doom and gloom's" posts). HA HA
I am soo.... bad!
At least that is what I heard (wink)!
SSSSSppp.... Woosh....
Have to get back to you, my horseradish and ice cream is melting!
Mark "
Reply #5 - 01/17/09  7:13pm
" go ahead light up "
Reply #6 - 01/17/09  8:35pm
" Im not sure but I do personally know people that do for the pain,and it helps them,barb "
Reply #7 - 01/17/09  10:22pm
" I would say it's a personal opinion. I know I tried but I was so damned sick it did nothing for me. Totally a waste. I threw up every day no matter what.. Others may have another opinion. It can't do much of any harm to try it. Medical marijuana would be best because we do not know what chemicals are on the stuff grown elsewhere.. That would probably ba a cause for questioning the choice.
Hugs, H "
Reply #8 - 01/18/09  12:07am
" im sure that there is alot of other puffers on ds also , i have and it has really helped me , the problem is its not legal in north carolina , which kindda makes me feel like i have a secret , my whole family knows , you will get alot on this thread ! "
Reply #9 - 01/18/09  12:20am
" Pot only fucks with your liver if you have fibrosis too in liver as well, This sucks for me cause I have fibrosis big time dammit! But It dont mean that I dont sit down next to my family who does!! LOL. WTF ya know! "
Reply #10 - 01/18/09  2:38am
" Smoke it..... That is one of the few reasons that God put the damn plant here for us. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Advice