I am new to this and feel so lost
I am 23 years old and have 10 months clean off about 9 years of shooting H. I just got diagnosed with Chronic Hep C. I am completely and totally sick. I have been in and out of the hospital for about a year now with chronic fatigue, constantly throwing up bile, confused and dizzy, black out almost everytime I stand up, weak, major abdominal pain, pain in my stomach under my ribs, cant eat, cant sleep through the night, my enzyme levels in my liver keep going up and down from high elevation to normal. I do not have insurance so I'm having to jump through county hoops and I keep hitting brick walls.

I have positive results for Hep b and c, I have not gotten my viral load count back yet but they are saying due to my symptoms it's probably very high. I know that my exposer to the Hep C had to have been longer then 10 months ago and I don't know when or how much damage has been done to my liver. I have a doctor appointment on the 19th to figure out what the next step is. I'm pretty sure they are going to tell me I need a liver biopsy, and possibly discus Inerferon.

I am scared and lost, I am kicking myself down everyday. I feel like I am dirty and poison. I don't know how to do all this or deal with any of it at all.

I live in California and my whole family is in Seattle or Texas and I feel so alone.

I can hardly go to work and I'm calling in sick or going home sick almost everyday.

Do I qualify for dissability, even just temporary?

Please help.
Posted on 10/11/11, 02:27 am
Reminder: This is a support group for Hepatitis C. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

Reply #1 - 10/11/11  3:05am
" geez u started using the needle at a very young age..we all are very up set when we find out we have this dreaded virus..i'm 7 mos post treatment..oh tx.stands for treatment...i failed my 2 nd tx...my pre tx viral load was 2.8 mil,,now its over 9 mil..seeking better newer tx.they just came out with. u can get treated for free if u fit the criteria. which i'm sure u do..u make under 100.000 a yr..i'll give u some sites like drug companies..might help..i'll be checking this out myself...
http://www.bioscrip.com/DiseaseProg... "
Reply #2 - 10/11/11  3:11am
" i have the same symptoms u have....but i'm alot older..i did meth,coke back in the 80's and 90's..yea that was very stupid..didn't know how to deal w/life..that wasn't the way....welcome here to ds hepc...this is my main support group..lots of good people here..but i also recently joined another group w/also alot of useful info....
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Hepat... "
Reply #3 - 10/11/11  8:17am
" I am very new to this ds as wel, but i can homestly say that many people in here have very good advice and know what they are talking about. sorry to here that you are not feeling good at all, but keep your head up and learn all you can about this virus because it is a big eye opener when u r told u have it believe me! best of luck and remeber try to think posititve. "
Reply #4 - 10/11/11  8:45am
" Marshalla... First of all...Stop kicking yourself down...just stop. You have to be your own cheerleader at this point and push forward to make things better. Kicking and regretting aren't going to help.

Okay...now...make a plan for yourself and follow it:

1. No drugs (you're already doing good with that).
2. No alcohol
3. Try to eat healthy...limit fast food crap
4. Get exercise even if you feel tired.
5. Last, but NOT least...follow through with your medical tests and follow your doc's advice.

I don't know about the disability laws in California but since you don't have much for family support where you are, you might want to try contacting the local Health Department and ask if they have a Hep C nurse or someone who knows more than the average person about Hep C and find out if they know of any resources for you.

Are you able to move back to Seattle or Texas if necessary? Family support, especially when one is feeling ill, can be very uplifting. "
Reply #5 - 10/11/11  9:22am
" great advice from everyone. we all do stupid shit, theres noone who hasnt. you are not old enough to have bad liver damage. your own worries right now could be keeping you sick. i would talk ( in person ) to the local dept of health. they have many resources to help people get on track. good luck to you. youve found a great support group. "
Reply #6 - 10/11/11  9:37am
" Be kind to yourself. Tomorrow is a day created by yourself and yes you are not alone. Everyone here has seen death, in their own way. As the previous comments stated. Do exactly as "Katy" stated. The people here are kind, everyone one of us cares, even if its here alone, in front of a computer that shines, be kind to yourself. Peace
Come back to this web page and write. "
Reply #7 - 10/11/11  11:05am
" hi NM, Glad you found us. We are the best on the web. Please stop beating yourself up. You have been diagnosed with Hep C and you can't go back and undo it. So, with help from us, you will get through this. It's not easy, but nothing in life worth doing is easy. Read and ask question. The more you know and understand, the better you will be able to deal with it.

WELCOME..and please stay!!!! "
Reply #8 - 10/11/11  12:13pm
" I had hep c for over 20 years before I found out I had it. There are some people here who have had it a lot longer. Its a very slow moving virus. I am suprised that you are having the problems that you are. I felt fine untill I found out I had hep.Then I just freaked out. Do you think you can stick it out till you see the doc on the 19? If not go to a emergancy room. "
Reply #9 - 10/11/11  12:33pm
" Thank you to everyone for the love and support. I've had these symptoms for a long time and made a list of all my symptoms before I went to the hospital or even thought it might be or knew anything about Hepatitis, so I'm pretty sure I'm not just getting sicker thinking about it. I'm sure the stress of it all isnt helping much though.

I shot H for over 9 years so I dont know when I could have contracted it, but it could have sat dormit for years. My toxic infection specialit said that they will alsso be looking into my thiroid, I guess if my thiroid is running slow my symptoms could be elevated.

I'm praying that there is no serious liver damage.

I woke up this morning throwing up bile and horrible tan colored diarriea (spelling?) and I have patches or hair missing, that has now has begun to show :(

My parents are sending me to the Optimal Health Institute in either San Diego or Austin TX, does anyone know anything about that place?? "
Reply #10 - 10/11/11  12:58pm
" hi and welcome welcome welcome!

hep C is a very slow moving virus. a lot of people live with their whole life and die from something else. many of us on here had the virus over 30 years before doing treatment and we're fine.

what you need to do right now is get all the information you can on hep C. read read read. read old posts on here, go to the library and check out books and/or order books from amazon. you need information!

ask you doctor about disability. he'll be the one to sign the papers for you. "