Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
5-HTP
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Has anyone had good success with 5-HTP?
Posted on 01/29/08, 01:28 pm
9 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Healthy Eating. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 01/29/08  2:12pm
" yes i have it helps to take the edge off of things and i take it at bedtime to help me sleep better it is much healthier than antidepresants and i found after a month it worked for me just as well. So good lucj to you in trying to find a healthier way of beating the blues "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 01/29/08  9:23pm
" i tried it and i didnt do anything "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 01/29/08  9:23pm
" that was supposed to say "it didnt do anything". "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 07/19/10  12:44pm
" I no longer need to take Xanax thanks to 5-HTP.I sleep SO good now and feel good all day long...I am truly thankful to 5-HTP. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 07/20/10  11:15am
" Mikki, how often do you take it? I am never sure of the dosage, and if I should be taking it once, twice, three times a day? I want to get off of my prescription meds and am hoping this will work. Please let me know. Thanks "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 07/22/10  5:24pm
" One of my clients takes it every night. Her mother says that it has dramatically improved her mood stabilization (she's autistic) and she sleeps through the night all the time. As well as not only sleeping through the night but she also sleeps for a long healthy amount of time. A lot of autistic children sleep for very short amounts of time. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 07/23/10  4:39pm
" Here's what my doc told me about dosage. 200 mg will help with anxiety and depression. 300 mg will help with weightloss, but some say they have less RESTFUL sleep. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 07/24/10  5:43pm
" I've tried it. Wasn't supposed to, because I was already on an anti-depressant. Took a low dosage 100 mg. and it was TIME RELEASED (the 5-HTP) I didn't take it to relieve depression--my anti-depressant was already doing that. I took it because I read it would reduce cravings for sugar and starch. I also took it hoping to get "high". When I diet, I feel SO IRRITABLE, sleep suffers, etc. 5-HTP I think takes the edge off. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 07/15/11  3:27pm
" If you want to learn more about 5-HTP
How to use
Drug Class and Mechanism
Missed Dose
Storage
Warnings/Precautions
Possible Side Effects
Drug Prices
Buy drug
More Information http://mdsale.in/5-HTP