Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Farrah Fawcett and HPV?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I was watching the story of Farrah Fawcett on E! today, and couldn't help but wonder if she had HPV. I have searched up and down on the web to see if this wonderful star had HPV, but no where specifically indicates whether she did or didnt. Since it is one of the rarest forms of cancer, and i have read that having HPV puts you at a higher risk to get it. It really scared me and i cant stop thinking about it.
Posted on 08/02/09, 01:00 pm
1 Reply Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for HPV. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 08/02/09  6:46pm
" HPV is definitely connected to anal cancer (the kind that Farrah had). Just like cervical cancer, dysplasia can form in the anal canal through HPV. However, it is extremely rare and very treatable in the early stages. The problem is that the symptoms can mimic other things like hemmoroids so it's important to get anything checked that seems abnormal like bleeding from the anal area. Also, women under the age of 50 are much less likely to get it while men under 50 are more at risk. Obviously, the more anal sex you have with various partners will put you at risk for catching the virus and, as always, smoking increases your risk of getting cancer.
I do believe that Farrah was a smoker and it was never revealed that she had HPV. However, I also think that her cancer was missed early on and when she was originally diagnosed, it had already spread. Again, it is rare, but it is something to be aware of. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web