Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
HPV and swollen lymph nodes
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I was recently diagnosed with HPV this past June. Ive been experiecing problem after problem since then it seems. I had genital warts, used the cream aldara to remove them. I used to much of the cream, caused an infection, cause swollen lymph nodes in the groin. Was on antibiotics for that for ten days. Swollen nodes are mobile and small, and still there. Doctor says not to worry but i cant help but worry when i read that swollen glands can be signs of cancer...or HIV... Plus i had one under my armpit, that was also from an infection it shrunk alot but is still kinda there...im just really scared...im only 19 and all this is just really overwhelming for me. I never experienced swollen lymph nodes until after using the aldara cream, and im just scared that i messed up my immune system or something?? Or that i might have an underlying serious health issue the doctors are missing???
Posted on 07/31/09, 04:00 am
5 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for HPV. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 07/31/09  8:28am
" you are not the only one that has posted something about this issue. I would search this topic and see who else posted it because the same thing happened to them. Also if you have a planned parenthood in your area they will do the HIV test for free and they just swab your mouth instead of drawing blood! I have had some swollen lymph nodes too, I think its the virus in our bodies. But if you go get that test done, then you will feel a lot better knowing thats not it! I hope that helps you out. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 07/31/09  8:03pm
" This topic has come up from time to time here and although it's scary, it's very common to experience swollen lymph nodes with this virus, especially if you have a break out. Also, nodes take a while to return to normal after a round of antibiotics. Also, cancer is not associated with low-risk HPV (the kind you have).
However, you do need to improve your immune system by taking better care of yourself. Eat healthy, take vitamins (especially folic acid and b vitamins), reduce stress as much as possible and quit smoking because that exacerbates HPV. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 08/01/09  1:19am
" okay thank you both for the replies.
the reason im so concernced..and confused is that i did have genital warts...
but my geno told me i tested positive for high risk hpv???
how is that possible if i had warts? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 08/01/09  9:12am
" It is possible that you have more than one strain of HPV. However, even with a high risk strain of HPV (which can only be detected along with a pap smear), there is little chance of still getting cancer from it. The key to good health and overcoming the virus is boosting immunity.
As for the swollen lympth nodes, it is more than likely connected to the low risk HPV that is causing the outbreak of warts. While you are being treating for it, your lymph nodes can become swollen (it's not uncommon). However, when you follow up with your doctor, just tell he or she about your concerns and don't stress over it too much as stress depletes our immune systems as well. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 08/02/09  12:49pm
" oh my goodness.
thank you so much, you really have calmed some nerves for me. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web