Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Fighting HPV Naturally
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Here's some useful information about how to fight HPV naturally. The information can pertain to both high and low-risk HPV. I personally recommend Echinachea and Goldenseal as these are powerful anti-viral herbs.

Avoid cross-infection to other body parts
As with any other highly contagious virus such as athleteís foot or cold viruses, common sense precautions must be taken to avoid the spreading of genital warts to other body parts. An applicator of some sort should be used and disposed of properly, followed by thorough hand washing, in applying topical solutions to genital warts, since the Human Papilloma Virus is highly contagious and spreads by skin-to-skin contact. After showering, it is recommended to pat the infected area dry with a separate towel and launder the towel without further use.

Herbal supplements
To help aid in the treatment of genital warts, there are several herbal supplements to consider. Some of these supplements have been in use for thousands of years as cures for a multitude of conditions. It is recommended that you check with your primary care physician before taking an herbal supplement to ensure compatibility with your current treatment regiment. When utilizing herbal supplements for a prolonged period of time, it is important to alternate the use of immune enhancing herbs, as the body can develop a tolerance for the herb and thus reduce its effectiveness.

Echinacea
Echinacea or coneflower is a wildflower that grows primarily in the prairies of the Midwestern United States (as far south as Texas). Native Americans have used this herb for generations for medicinal purposes, and the pharmaceutical community is beginning to understand its healing properties. Most notably, Echinacea is known for its ability to boost the immune system, which is important in the treatment of genital warts, especially in the prevention of physical signs.

Goldenseal
Another herbal medicine with Native American roots is Goldenseal. The Cherokee Indians use Goldenseal as a means to flush wounds, treat inflammation and heal skin diseases. Goldenseal is now understood for its natural antibiotic properties and can be used as a supplementary wash for genital warts, as it destroys many types of viral infections.

Astragalus
Used in Chinese herbal medicine for over 2000 years, Astragalus is known to improve the bodyís ability to fight off viral and bacterial infections, such as the Human Papilloma Virus, by boosting the bodyís immune system. Astragalus has been taken as a supplement by people undergoing chemotherapy to help restore their tired immune systems.

Garlic powder tablets
Once used in 1550 BC by Egyptians as an external treatment for tumors, garlic has long since been recognized for itís medicinal values. Of the many benefits garlic has on the human body, it promotes the ability of white blood cells to fight infection. A natural antibiotic, garlic is effective in countering bacteria, fungus and viral conditions. Taking garlic powder tablets, as well as including garlic in your daily diet, will enable you to enjoy the antibiotic benefits of this seasoning.

Salicylic Acid
Salicylic acid is used as a topical solution for dissolving genital warts. The compound is used in part as a treatment for the removal of corns and acts accordingly when applied to genital warts. Salicylic acid is not absorbed into the skin, but quickly kills the cell of the epidermis, or outer skin, without out penetrating the dermis, or true skin.
Posted on 03/25/09, 07:52 pm
26 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for HPV. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 03/26/09  5:28am
" Gential Warts cannot be spread to different parts of the body that arnt already infected. I had a long talk with my doctor about this. When you were first infected and the virus was deposited this is the areas that will be infected. You cannot spread it to your legs , feet, hands, arms, face ect. You cannot contract it from using towels, shareing cups, forks ect, kissing or holding hands. Just thought id give you a heads up. Good Info...Thanks! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 03/26/09  7:58am
" There are other strains of hpv that cause warts on all parts of the body (hands and feet most notably). These strains are easily contracted, especially if you have regular manicures and pedicures so it's really important that you bring your own tools to your manicurist and make sure they disinfect foot baths after each use. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 03/29/09  10:51am
" right but genital warts cannot be spread to other parts of the body (like warts on your feet or hands are caused by a completely different hpv.) And touching the warts when washing in the shower etc isn't going to spread them any more "down there"...the virus is in your system and will cause warts to pop up from time to time...you can't spread it to yourself. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 04/09/10  10:38pm
" im not sure if you can't spread it to yourself, the virus gets in the epithelium through a cut or abrasion right, so if you scratch i warts and scratch another part of your body breaking skin....
im not sure....
but i did want to know how i should monitor these warts. my doctor said not to shave (the abrasion issue) so i used veet. but im wondering if the depilatory is just as bad? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 04/09/10  10:40pm
" also how would Salicylic Acid be used? like the face washes 2% or acne treatments? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 04/15/10  9:46am
" i dont mean to be rude but it seems like you are getting your information out of nowhere. please post where you find your info when you post things like this so others can go and read on their own.

secondly - the information about garlic is bogus. I cook with garlic on a daily basis and yet my pap tests are still coming back abnormal all the time. so if garlic really works shouldnt my pap tests be coming back normal after 7 yrs of being abnormal ? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 04/15/10  2:50pm
" The information I posted was originally posted by another person and I bumped this string up because I do think the information is valuable...I'm sorry you don't see the value in it, but you take what you need from this board and move on.
Also, the other string I posted was from Dr. Orrange who is a consultant for Daily Strength. Again, the information comes from a very reliable and valid source.
I could also say the same thing about you regarding where you get your information from, but I choose to be more gracious to those who are vulnerable. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 04/15/10  2:52pm
" BTW, the virus that causes genital warts can be spread to other parts of the body (oral and anal) so you would be wise to follow the advice about cross contamination. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 04/16/10  11:13am
" Folic acid, vitamin C are important as I have learned here. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 04/16/10  3:55pm
" Yes, anything that boosts the immune sytem (including garlic) will help reduce the viral load.
There are lots of other foods (mostly fresh fruits and vegetables) that help boost immunity and also fight off the effects that stress have on the immune system.
People seem to forget about stress, but it is very important to try to reduce stress as much as possible when building a strong immune system as well as not smoking!!
By the way, any and all of this information has been obtained from reliable sources, from people who have researched the information and were kind enough to share it here.
I have been on this board for three years now and I have learned so much from everyone who has come before me.
I am very grateful for all the information that has been shared here as well as the success stories (there are so many).
The important thing is to never give up, be patient and always, always question your doctor if something doesn't seem to make sense to you. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 3 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web