Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
swollen lymph nodes
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Hi,

I have a prior discussion that give you my background (Can't find these symptoms anywhere) so I won't go into all that again. Recently I discovered a swollen lymph node on my right side but I was using aladra cream (spelling) and read that it could be a side effect. The cream was working so I told my dr. and did nothing else. Once I stopped the cream in about a week the node was shrinking. This am in the shower I noticed not only was the node supersize again, but my left side was also enlarged. I called the dr. and insisted he do blood work. Now I don't know if that will show anything but I was getting a bit freaked out and had to do something. I am scheduled for a pap this coming friday and the one I had just 3 months ago came back as only mild dysplasia (the cervical biopsy was normal! whooo hooo!

Has anyone elso had enlarged lymph nodes and did you find out why. Everything I read leads to lymphomia or some other form of cancer,,yikes!!! I know it can be caused by simple infection, but with the positive HPV (the cancer causing strain) I'm worried.

thanks for your in put!!!
Posted on 01/14/09, 08:03 pm
9 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for HPV. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 01/14/09  10:16pm
" Swollen lymph glands are more often the result of either a virus or infection and not cancer. Unfortunately, because HPV has been linked to cervical and other forms of cancer, this causes a lot of paranoia. If you are being carefully watched by your physician on a regular basis, it is highly unlikely that the virus would ever get to the point where cancer even develops. If you feel that your glands are swollen, then have them checked by a doctor to alleviate any fears you may be feeling right now. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 01/16/09  10:43am
" I know that you are correct, but it is difficult to not worry. My appointment is today so hopefully I will get some answers.
thanks! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 01/16/09  8:29pm
" How did your appt. go? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 01/21/09  10:10pm
" My appt went well. The dr. said the lymph nodes were not charteristic of cancer as they were smooth and mobil. He did put me on a antibotic and there has been a decrease in size, but they are not gone. I have a couple more days on the meds so we'll see. thanks for asking! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 01/22/09  7:28am
" Bear in mind that even if the infection is alleviated through antibiotics that the lymph nodes may still be slighly swollen for a while. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 01/23/09  10:04pm
" Glad to hear your good news! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 01/25/09  5:29pm
" I didn't know they node may remain swollen. I finished the antibotic friday and although much smaller, I can still feel them. Any ideas how long they may remain enlarged? I will call my dr. if they start to grow again.
thanks! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 01/25/09  6:42pm
" Lymph nodes can remain slightly swollen for up to four weeks after a course of antibiotics so don't worry if they still feel a bit swollen. The important thing is that your body did respond to the antibiotics.
I can also tell you that if the nodes were swollen due to a skin condition, then they may remain slightly swollen. This is the body's way of dealing with something that it deems is harmful to the body. I know this because my daughter has psoriasis on the back of her scalp and she often has a node or two that swells due to the skin condition. So, the nodes closest to the site would be impacted. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 01/29/09  7:18pm
" I appericate the response, but I just received a bad pap report. It came back mild dysplasia, but moderate to severe could not be ruled out HSIL. We have a leep procedure scheduled for week after next. Still could be nothing, as my last coloposey (sp?) came back no dysplesia. It is very confusing and I just want to leep done to give me some more accurate results. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web