Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Hot Tub
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I just found out that i (possibly my husband) have the HPV virus. I'm trying to find ways to lessen my stress and anxiety so i do not freak out about this new life changing development (my stress is probably what had this virus show up in the 1st place since i am my husbands only sexual partner, and we've been together for 5 years and its just NOW showing up) We have a hot tub the my husband, daughter and i use regularly. My question is, would i, or he, be able to pass anything to my daughter in our hot tub. I am high risk- who's waiting to hear back from a Colposcoy/Biopsy results. This may be a silly question, but i need to know! I would be so devastated if i knew that i gave this to my 3 year old daughter!!
Posted on 03/29/12, 02:24 am
10 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for HPV. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 03/29/12  2:59am
" Obviously i meant this as "need advice" and not a discussion topic! Opps...just got my account today! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 03/29/12  11:31am
" You get hpv through skin to skin contact, i'm positive its not skin to water contact so your daughter should be fine or i'm sure doctors and even the news would be telling people not to swim in pools or share bath water etc etc if you had the virus. When your daughter is of appropriate age I would definitely get her the Gardisil shot though. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 03/29/12  1:07pm
" Sure, Bethan is right. As long as they don't touch your genital and etc or get close to that portion, there's no need for you to worry. People swim in pools, with or without warts, HPV or no HPV. But as long as there's no skin to skin contact, there's no way they can get it. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 03/29/12  9:06pm
" Yep, I agree with the other posters. When I was first diagnosed I asked my doctor if it could be spread through water and she said absolutely not! So you're totally fine and so is your daughter. No worries, Brandy :) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 03/29/12  10:12pm
" Although I must emphasize that for example, Man A is swimming and he has genital warts. He touched his genital and then while swimming, he shake his hands with another man, say Man B.

But if Man B then touch his own genital...then there's a chance he'll get genital warts. Although I can't be quite sure of that but that's my theory on how some people got it without any sexual contact. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 03/30/12  3:19pm
" I asked my docotor about how easily this could be spread and she told me that the only way to spread it is through direct contact with the infected area. She said that if it was so easly spread thorugh contact such as from a toilet seat etc that more poeple would have it because so many people do. I hope this hleps! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 03/30/12  3:21pm
" I spoke with my doctor and asked her on my last visit how communicable this is and she told me that unless you have direct contact with the infected area that it is not very communicable. she said that if it was so easly spread such as through toilet seats etc that more people would have HPV because so many people carry it. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 03/30/12  5:35pm
" Thank you everyone! That's what i wanted to hear. I do plan on getting my daughter the Gardisil shot when shes of age. She gets infections easily like i do...i wish i had gotten it when i 1st heard about it! My husband doesn't have any genital warts so does that mean hes not infected like i am? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 03/30/12  8:03pm
" No, your husband is most likely infected if you are. Most people do NOT show symptoms when they are infected with genital warts. Only about 5% of people will have warts when being infected (lucky us). The problem with this is that even if he is infected he would have no way of finding out since there is no test for men.

Just be aware of this, and do research on genital warts so that you can be more aware of what the virus is about. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 03/31/12  2:39pm
" Whyme12, I wish I was that lucky in the lottery, hah!

But yes, Whyme12 is correct. Research, do not be afraid to ask your doctor. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web