Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Natural Remedies
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
So, I've been using an essential oil remedy called Heal Warts for the past few months. Not really noticing any improvement. Has anyone had any luck with the essential oil products that claim they will cure warts?

Also, I've read that tea tree oil has anti-viral properties, and some believe it is effective in treating warts. I started adding 1-2 Tbsp tea tree oil to a shallow bath and soaking for about 10 mins per day. I'm not sure if this will work to cure the warts or not, but I'm hoping it will at least help to keep them from spreading.

I've also started using apple cidar vinegar, which I've read can be effective. I soaked a cotton ball in it and held it there - and burned myself using it! Now I have a sore down there (ouch!). Anyone have any advice on a better method to using ACV?

I have an appointment with the gyne on Tuesday and I'm going to ask her about these remedies also, just to get a professional's opinion.
Posted on 05/27/11, 05:29 pm
8 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for HPV. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 05/28/11  9:51am
" Try the ACV for an hour or two at a time - not overnight. I did that and it was fine - dried the skin out a bit, thats all. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 05/28/11  10:06am
" I JUST started ACV on Thursday... (now i'm not totally sure these are warts but pretty sure!) I did it for 2 hours straight on Thursday, it was only mildly uncomfortable.. but after this some of the skin started getting cut and I tried it again yesterday and could only manage to do it for half an hour and then 1 hour. Later yesterday night all the bumps had turned into cuts and I couldn't even keep it on for a minute! So be careful because it can be very painful.. make sure you have something to put on in between like vitamin E oil :) but I would DEFINITELY recommend this... I look much better down there already! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 05/28/11  10:28am
" The acid in the vinegar acts just like the TCA that they prescribe at the doctor and you get the same results. If you have sensitive skin like I do I would recommend leaving it on for maybe 30 minutes then immediately after try using tea tree oil, aloe Vera gel, or vitamin e oil which all have healing properties. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 05/30/11  1:37am
" My skin is definitely very sensitive! I have no idea how anyone could leave this on overnight.. it kills!!! I haven't had time to get vitamin E oil or anything yet so I hope this doesn't scar down there! The stinging makes me feel like it's working but I can only leave it on for an hour max at a time now.. don't think they are going to be turning black though, all I see are cuts! Is this normal?!!!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 05/31/11  2:07am
" Yes the cuts are very normal. The warts are sort of being taken out of their comfort zone and they fight back by bleeding, maybe enlarging, or being stubborn and not going away. So my suggestion is to be Just as aggressive as they are and load up on immune boosters to help your body fight back "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 05/31/11  11:03am
" If they don't turn black does that mean they won't go away thoughh? None of the bumps look the same as before, they don't seem like they're being stubborn.. even before I put on the acv I knew they wouldn't "fall off" because they were more within the skin... maybe when the cuts heal they will be gone? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 05/31/11  2:33pm
" at2828 - it seems like we're experiencing the same problems, I just posted in response to another post. I had a gyne appointment today who told me that the areas within the skin were sebacceous glands, but that I was cutting myself down there from over-inspecting the area. She told me that GW are usually more like skin tags or cauliflower - i.e. noticable and raised above the skin.

I would lay off of the ACV and let your area heal. When you cause your vaginal area to become cut like that, it makes it easy for other bacteria and viruses to enter and cause you more problems. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 05/31/11  2:35pm
" Funny I just replied to you on the other post! Thanks for the advice :) mine certainly are nothing like skin tags or cauliflower... you can hardly even see them when the skin isn't stretched! I'm probably going to stop soon because my skin is looking pretty damaged down there.. I have some tea tree oil on it right now to try and heal it up! So fed up with all of this uncertainty!!! "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web