Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Don't be afraid!
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I finally joined this group a year ago looking for inspiration and friendship. I had some negative comments from "seasoned" uers that didn't help at all. I am astounished because we're all riding the same boat. I hesitated to to participate because I felt inferior. We're all here for the same reason. I hope new people have a better episode than I did. I will certainly pass on my wisdom, courage and strength to all who choose.
Posted on 07/28/10, 11:47 pm
6 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for HIV. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 07/28/10  11:52pm
" I just read my post and I hope it doesn't sound too bitchy. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 07/29/10  1:29am
" Well, DailyStrength is more for support for problems that people are dealing with. It's not like we are all here to celebrate art or music or something nice. So you have to expect some difficulty.

There are many reasons to be frustrated, upset, worried or angry about living with HIV. And the people who are doing just fine with no troubles at all don't tend to turn to support groups and all.

Ideally we are indeed all here to support each other and help each other out, but you have to expect some problems along the way. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 07/29/10  11:24am
" I wasn't trying to be negative. I was hoping to reach those who really feel at the end of their rope. This is a great forum and I wish it was around when I was diagnosed. I never felt the need before last summer to join/participate in support groups. I was sick with cryptococcal meningitis June 2009, and the prognosis did not look good. My fears were overwhelming and I finally reached out for support. I truly was trying to reach out to others who might be a little hesitant for whatever reason. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 07/30/10  11:58am
" i have not ran into that here on the HIV board

dont let those idiots bother you. they are the ones with the real problems.

take care, if you need to talk, dont hesitate. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 08/03/10  11:02pm
" I'm definately here for you. Just figure these sites are just like the world outside. You will have nice people, mean people and even nice people with bad days maybe. I just try to be grateful for any real help I get and just ignore the jerks. Other than my rantings in my personal journals I try myself to me nothing but positive and provide support to others. I"M GALD YOUR HERE! :) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 08/07/10  9:54am
" Having some problems too with getting motivated to open to others. The tiredness of HIV drugs are getting me down. I think it's best to always ask a question. Has the support group helped? I just started yesterday. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web