Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Restasis
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I have been using many different types of eye drops, with no success. My doctor has recommended Restasis. I am a little concerned about taking this type of eye drop. I would love to hear about your positive and negative experiences with taking Restasis,
Posted on 07/31/11, 12:36 pm
4 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Graves' Disease. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 07/31/11  1:31pm
" I have not taken Restasis for my dry eye so I cant really help with that. During my worst dry eye time I used lots of Refresh Natural Tears to relieve that. I found that taking Omega 3.6.9.helped alot with helping my eyes stay moist along with really good sunglasses or eyeglasses that gave full coverage of the eyes. This helped protect them from the wind or sun which dried my eyes out really fast. I have a pair of safety glasses that look kinda okay visually but they work the best for protection. I use them all the time at work just because we have these big fans blowing air constantly. Go to your local crafts store and have a look at all the cool designs of safety glasses that are available now...since big is in again you will look fashionable. Big Hugs...Kathy "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 07/31/11  4:25pm
" Hi Kathy

Thanks for your input. If I try Restasis I will let you know how it works out. I have a pair of large sunglasses and my husband keeps telling me I look like a movie star!!

My doctor suggested that I get a humidifier (cold or hot) for the berdroom.

Hugs back Dorothy "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 07/31/11  6:19pm
" When my eyes were at their worst I was prescribed Restasis. It works. I also used Systane and still use that today. Restasis might b urn at first but it gets better, and as your eyes get better you will not need it;) xoxo "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 07/31/11  10:13pm
" I have been using restasis for 3 years and it has helped tremendously. I have never had any problems with it, except it burns a little when I put the drops in. I also use systane. I was told I will be using restasis rest of my life. Good luck hun "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web