Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
Vitamins, Mineral & Supplements
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Do any of you have recommendations as to what vitamins, mineral and supplements would be good to take with Graves disease?

I started taking tapazole last night for the first time. I also take a beta blocker.

Did someone recommend licopene?
Posted on 10/02/09, 11:58 am
4 Replies Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for Graves' Disease. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 10/02/09  4:08pm
" First you want to try only two new supplements per month to make sure it agrees with your thyroid labs. If you start getting hypER again, that particular vitamin or supplement will make things worst for you.

Here's an example from my vitamins and supplements that I take which will not make me hypER: multivitamin (without Iodine and Copper), flaxseed oil for the eyes, low dosed B Complex vitamins, 100 mcg Selenium, FloraGlo with Billberry and Lutein (for the eyes), Milk Thistle, Rutozym and Nattokinase (for my inflammation), vitamin D3, Iron, extra B-12 w/Folic Acid, CoQ10, Black Currant OIl (for the inflammation), Magnesium, sometimes extra Calcium/Magnesium and vitamin C as needed.

I could not have these vitamins/supplements without getting hypER: multivitamin with Copper and Iodine, Fish oil, and few other I can't recall at the moment.

Get a small notebook and keep track of what things makes your heart races: vitamins, supplements, foods, drinks, etc. Then avoid these things.

{{{hugs}}} "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 10/02/09  4:28pm
" Wow that's a lot of stuff. lol

Thanks for all the info.

I have been wandering about the eyes...I don't have any problems yet other than dryness and my eye dr. recommended fish oil. You have that off of your list, may I ask why? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 10/02/09  4:32pm
" Fish oil makes me hypER. Look at the alternative: flaxseed oil as the next choice if you can't take fish oil. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 10/04/09  11:07am
" P.S. I also take Acetyl L-Carnitine and a Glyconutrient called Ambrotose Complex for the Graves' Disease.

{{{hugs}}} :-) "

Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web