Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
teeth issues?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I noticed today that my teeth seemed more sensitive to temperature. I looked at them and they seem to be clearer than usual. Just wondering if anyone else has had teeth issues?
Posted on 10/22/08, 08:08 pm
13 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for Graves' Disease. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 10/22/08  11:27pm
" My teeth got brittle. I've broken quite a few. None of them hockey related believe it or not. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 10/23/08  8:58am
" My whole deal has been every since I got Trigeminal Nuralgia in my jaw and then I ended up after being in Remission for several years, my thyroid the nagain went crazy and I ended up with Grave's disease. Now I probably already had it but I think the tooth thing was the cause of all my problems now... Gotta have something to blame. LOL

That said I still have a toothe that is giving me Hell, need root canal, then crown at the cost of $1,600.00, after Ins. it will cost me $850 out of Pocket. I jsut dont have this now as daughter just got braces before all this happened for $5,300.00. So medical expenses suck. Thats why we really need to make our vote count this time.!!!!!
Kelly "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 10/23/08  10:57am
" I had that problem as well. And my teeth seemed a lot weaker. Mine also seemed clearer too. And they were extremely sensitive. Finally, I got Sensodyne, and it did the trick. I use Sensodyne faithfully and it really helps. Sensodyne helps build healthy enamel. I'm telling you that you should def go out and buy some. And keep using it! They have a bunch of different types, but they all basically do the same thing. I personally use the whitening and have noticed a difference. I am on my second bottle and I won't ever use another toothpaste again. My teeth are no longer sensitive, and they are looking better than they have in years. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 10/23/08  11:22am
" I have used a sensitive teeth paste forever because I have sensitive teeth, always have. The change is in the front teeth. How annoying. Between my eyes and my teeth this week, I've had enough of this Graves crap.
Thanks for the thoughts. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 10/23/08  4:16pm
" does any of this have to do with how the body needs more calcium because of graves? I know we are more succeptable to osteoporosis (sp?) and need to make sure we take extra calcium - would this help the teeth issues too? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 10/23/08  7:19pm
" Does my body need that much calcium?!? I eat yogurt, cheese, and have a glass of milk every day (3 a day). My multi has extra calcium too. And that's the calcium I pay attention to. This is so frustrating for me. Could it ba breakdown of cell thing? a medication thing? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 10/23/08  8:59pm
" Ever since I got my mercury/almgams out of my teeth over 10 years ago, I've been cavity free. Gum problems I did have because when I was dealing with an overactive thyroid, I couldn't cope with having my teeth clean since I would get the anxiety/panic attacks so bad anytime I left the house. Now my gums are fine after several cleanings. I'm grateful for doing as well as I did all these years.

I have read that having healthy gums/teeth better helps with any health problems that we have going on in our bodies.

Take care... :-) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 10/24/08  11:47am
" Wow.. I thought it was just me...??? I've noticed the change in the last couple years. My Dentist told me it was from the Calcium deficiency which is common with graves. I take calcium and vitamin D...so I'm not sure why the drastic change.
There is some help though.... Sensidine makes a toothpaste that helps your enamel. I am buying it this weekend. Hope it helps.
He also told me that carbonated beverages, over the counter teeth whitening strips and juices contain acids that can weaken or deplete your tooth enamel. He told me to stay away from these things for a while.
I am severely Lactose intollerant so I have to take large doses of calcium and vitamin D. Especially since I had a hysterectomy when I was real young. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 10/24/08  11:48am
" Also.... I'm over due for my teeth cleaning but Dentist won't touch me because I'm on Coumadin ( blood thinners) I need to have the fur scraped off bad. I hate that feeling of buildup on the teeth don't you?? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 10/24/08  12:29pm
" the only thing that really bothers me about my teeth are the fact that they are VERY sensitive, I have to let ice cream melt in my mouth and start to get warm before i swallow it, that's why i don't like eating cold things around people because it takes me forever to finish eating it. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web