Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
getting gout by walking too much?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I have tried this gluten free diet and it's seemed to help.
I cut out wheat and yeast for the most part too.
But i still get flare ups when I walk to much especially.
Has anyone else experenced this?

I am on allopurinol,cherry juice, epsom salt, castor oil compresses,

indocin and colchine for emergency's
it's awful
Posted on 01/05/08, 04:24 am
3 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Gout. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 01/06/08  8:43pm
" I have experience getting gout from walking to much but when i asked my speacalist about this he said he didnt think so but i had went to an amusement park and 2 days later i had a gout flare up and also a long day of shopping the next day a gout flare up, i do feel that there is a link for some people for walking to trigger their gout "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 01/06/08  11:42pm
" I have found that to much stress on any joint can cause a flare up.

I changed jobs four months ago, where I was on my feet for 50 to 60 hours a week to a office job where I mostly sit at a desk all day, and I have noticed a big diffence in the way my legs and feet feel. You can also try getting orthotics for your shoes. That has also helped me alot.

I agree with you with the Colchine. I take one pill once a day. But if I have a flair up I do not dare take more then tree a day or I will get very sick. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 01/10/08  4:35pm
" I do agree. It seems I get flares after Yoga classes. I can not for the life of me figure out what causes it as I have tried the diet thing and I ate MUCH worse proeviously with no attacks. Scince eating well and working out. I can get rid of them! "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web